Hello from Canada!

jamespenner

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
James Penner
Hey all, I'm from Manitoba Canada. Just purchased an A7C and don't feel qualified to own it. I still feel like a beginner photographer. My current lenses are (FE F4-5.6 28-60mm) & (FE F1.8 50mm).

If anyone has some tips/tricks/goals for me; I'd very much appreciate some help or input.

Thanks for now!

James

Welcome James. What do you like taking pictures of?

If you want a good way to improve your photography, try the one-lens-challenge: For one month use only one lens (and I recommend the 50mm). You will learn to zoom with your feet (move yourself to affect a zoom, rather than be lazy with a zoom lens), you will learn to be creative with your framing, and you will learn to focus on your camera settings (especially if you use manual during the month).

Enjoy the learning experience, welcome aboard!

Welcome James. What do you like taking pictures of?

If you want a good way to improve your photography, try the one-lens-challenge: For one month use only one lens (and I recommend the 50mm). You will learn to zoom with your feet (move yourself to affect a zoom, rather than be lazy with a zoom lens), you will learn to be creative with your framing, and you will learn to focus on your camera settings (especially if you use manual during the month).

Enjoy the learning experience, welcome aboard!
Thanks for the tip! I agree with you. I like taking pictures of people, nature, high detail things. One of my biggest insecurities in my photography is composition...

Welcome James and thank you for joining up here. Everyone was a beginner at some point! :) Just get out and shoot what you enjoy to shoot. Then if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. You could also drop some images in our relatively new Critique Forum if you wish.

Thanks for the tip! I agree with you. I like taking pictures of people, nature, high detail things. One of my biggest insecurities in my photography is composition...
Man, I feel the same way! I like taking pictures of landscape and flowers, but they always end up being more of a "snapshot" rather than a well composed shot. I think it comes with practice but research certainly helps. There are many videos on YouTube and online courses that cover the technical skills like "The exposure triangle" and the basics of composition like "the rule of thirds" and "leading lines". This will even become an enjoyable part of your browsing time online too, just remember to go out and shoot and put the lessons to use.

Back