Hello from Eastern Washington!

drysideshooter

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Jeff Kruger
Hello everyone, new member from Washington. I recently purchased an A7IV along with a Sigma 24-70 2.8.

When our kids were very active playing sports I ended up with a Canon 1D because of the frame rate, and I had a nice collection of L lenses to use for landscape and other uses. The 24-70 2.8L and the 70-200 2.8L were two of my favorite lenses and focal lengths. I did quite a bit of sports photography as a side hustle for a while. After selling that gear I ended up going with more of a nicer P&S Canon that still let me shoot in RAW, and of course cell phone cameras have improved quite a bit. I was doing a lot of adventure type motorcycle travel, and the 1D and a couple lenses, tripod, etc. took up a lot of room, and was a constant theft worry. The camera in my S22 Ultra has really surprised me. Still a far cry from a full sized camera with changeable lenses though. So far I am very impressed with the A7IV. Hard to believe how much technology has advanced! I tried the eye setting for animals yesterday and took pics of a few of our dogs. Worked flawlessly, even in less than ideal lighting. The weight of the camera body is certainly nice.

I have no doubt I will end up with a lot of questions, and will learn a lot from this forum. I will be primarily doing landscape and wildlife stuff, along with quite a bit of pet photography. My main vocation is being a real estate developer and builder. We already have someone that does our architectural imaging, but I may dabble with a bit of that. I currently do our drone imaging. I'm volunteering to do some dog and cat pictures for local rescues and shelters, and once I feel comfortable enough with animals with the new camera I will probably do some pet photography for folks and donate the majority of the money to local rescue groups.

Welcome aboard.

Greetings, from what I presume is the wet side - of Washington at least!

Greetings, from what I presume is the wet side - of Washington at least!
As a former WW dweller, I figured out the dry side name quickly. Welcome to the Forum, Jeff. I have a nagging suspicion that we have crossed paths before. Is that possible? I'm thinking from a two wheeled point of view. In what city or area are you?

Welcome!

Welcome Jeff and thanks for joining up here. Congrats on the new a7 IV as well! Glad to hear that you are already putting it to good use and enjoying it too! :)

Back