Hello from Michigan, USA!

bpayne01

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
I was a Canon SLR, then DSLR shooter for about 38 years. Sold all of my stuff as I wanted to go lighter, and found out about the Sony mirrorless system. I started with an APS-C (A6400) then sold it to go to the A7iii. I liked that quite a bit and eventually acquired a used A7riii. I had some real good equipment (Sony 24mm F1.4 GM, 40mm Zeiss Batis f2 CF, Sony 85mm f1.8, and the Sony 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 GM OSS), but found that I don't shoot the same topics anymore and like to take my camera with me, so wanted to go even lighter. Right now I have the Sony A6600 and the 16-55mm f2.8 G lens (had them for 2 days and have over 300 shots with them). I look forward to learning from other Sony owners who can help me learn about this new system/world I am entering into. I also have the Sony ZV-1 that I use for desktop videos and some outside locations (I am a college professor and I have been teaching online courses since 1996) for things like lectures.

Plenty of experience to bring to the forum. Welcome.

Woo! another Michigander! (I work for a college also - but I am on the infrastructure side of things, not a professor)

I am just a bit south ofLansing.

Back