Followers
Following
Name
Brad Shea
Country
United States
City/State
Charlotte, North Carolina
Recently my 80 year old dad decided to wheel and deal his way into a Sony A7rII. He then informed me that it's my Christmas gift as he has downsized to a Sony RX100 MK III.

So... Here I am.

The body doesn't come with a lens, although a 24-105 f4 is being loaned to me to begin with.

I'm largely a Pentax shooter with a pretty wide selection of autofocus glass from the digital era. The new Monster adapter seems like a nice option for me, although some of my current glass doesn't fit the correct limitations (I have some non-screwdrive lenses which aren't yet supported, but many of my lenses will work including my FA 31.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and learning about the Sony ecosystem.

Thanks for joining up Brad! The a7R II is a nice Christmas gift :) If you are wanting to buy the Sony FE 24-105 F4 then there's currently $300 off the list price at all Sony authorised dealers.

Thanks for joining up Brad! The a7R II is a nice Christmas gift :) If you are wanting to buy the Sony FE 24-105 F4 then there's currently $300 off the list price at all Sony authorised dealers.
I want to try it first. Covid-19 is keeping me from having my dad drove over at the moment...

Brad,
Welcome to the forum. Your story sounds allot like mine. I been a Pentax shooter since 1979. A little while ago I bought the A7RIV.
The autofocus on the Sony is remarkable. I now feel like I’m cheating when photographing moving objects :)

Ken

Shooting both Sony and Pentax myself I'm also very intrigued by that AF adapter, although the Sony definitely makes manual focus very feasible (and even preferable) in many cases

Back