Hello from Portugal

PFCosta

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Pedro Costa
Hello everybody, from Portugal!
I'm a newcomer to alpha shooters. I enjoy shooting street photography, landscape (seascape, actually) and people by the sea (I live near the coast), still nature and macro; mostly BW conversion. I always shoot RAW. I used to do a lot of photography when I was young (since 16 y) and had to stop about 30 years ago when 99.99% of my equipment got stolen -- yes, shocking, isn't it, and no insurance either. Now, being retired -- and getting quite old, actually -- I decided to pick up photography again. So, I'm one of those dinossaurs that used to spend a lot of time in the darkroom, dealing with chemicals, B&W film, enlargers, photo paper, trays with developers, stop baths and fixer solutions; also shooting pictures with a lightmeter in hand and reading about Ansel Adams at bed time. I don't have much alpha equipment: a6000, kit zoom lens and Sony 30mm Macro. I think the a6xxxx series cameras are fabulous. The prospects of a Tamron 17-70 stepping into the market in early 2021 are enthusiastic prospects.
I'll be in touch.
PFC

Yes, photography is for old people... I considered joining our local club and felt a little too young!

Yes, photography is for old people... I considered joining our local club and felt a little too young!
Hi Drewid. Someone said that “Age is a matter of mind. If you don’t mind it doesn’t matter “. But I’m not nostalgic about the days of film-&-darkroom. Electronics, and a huge world of software (they call it “apps” these days) are quite a boost for solid knowledge from the days of dinosaurs.

Back