Followers
Following
Name
Sandy Richards-Brown
Country
United States
City/State
Oregon + Washington
Hi everyone. Help, please? Using Sony A1 and 160 gb Sony cards. All of my (many) memory chips from a recent trip are showing "write protected" so I can't edit, move, or delete anything.
I have no idea what this is, why it is, or how to remove it.
Same camera, same memory chips, same settings as before.
any ideas?

Thanks -

You do not specify if you are using SD cards or CF Express (type A) cards, but I assume it is CF Express since Sony does not make SD cards in 160GB. I was kind of hoping they were SD because that is usually an easy fix - there is a slide to lock or unlock directly on the card. Assuming you are using CF Express it is either a setting in camera that locked them or the connection to your computer does not recognize them. One article I looked up said if you use a card reader instead of plugging camera directly into computer that might solve it. You have not given us much information such as type of card, type of connection, computer operating system, so it's hard to diagnose. (Not that I am a computer expert and could necessarly help with that information, but someone else here might be able to).

thanks for the reply. I do occasionally use the 256 gb SD card, and am aware of the lock switch.
However, I'm Using CF ExpressA cards, Prodigital card reader, Win 10.
I'm interested to see if anyone is aware of a setting in the A1 that causes "write protection." That's actually a good candidate as the culprit, although I don't believe I changed any of the settings.

Last edited:

New in Marketplace

Back