Sony A1 Help! Screen on my A1 doesn't work for stills or video

Raindog

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Help please!

The screen on my A1 works fine when looking at the menu, but it’s completely blank when shooting video or images. I tried switching it to just screen in the menu settings and it’s completely blank. Any ideas?

I’ve not bothered updating the last two lots of firmware because I was happy with how it’s been performing, and I mostly shoot stills through the viewfinder so it hasn’t been a big problem, but on Sunday I’m helping someone shoot video about their carnival project for a documentary as their proper video person is away. I really need the screen for this!

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated…

Hi Raindog,
Have you checked your monitor settings and the viewfinder views set up.....there is a "monitor off" setting
in this menu item....also check if you viewfinder eyepiece sensor is clear and not gunged up.....these would be my
immediate go-to thoughts based on the info you have provided.

I would do what Ray has suggester first but I find it odd that the screen works for the menu but not for anything else.

Also Raindog, I don't know how you have set up your camera but have you tried pressing the centre
button on the rotary wheel on the back of the camera....with my settings this is what I use to switch
From viewfinder active to monitor active.....as I don't want my monitor to be active all the time for battery
Efficiency......

Thanks everyone. Just to let you know that a factory reset sorted the problem. But really appreciate all the suggestions 🙏

Solution
Back