Name
ST
Country
Canada
City/State
British Columbia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
There were some fellows playing cricket on the beach. I was trying not to get hit by the ball. As I tried to avoid the action, this fellow came running up to me and struck a pose. I didn't understand until he said, "Hey! Take my picture?"
A7405505 2.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • Sony FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS (SEL24105G)
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 100

He asked to see the picture. I showed him. He was pleased, and then he ran off to rejoin the game.

Last edited:
There were some fellows playing cricket on the beach. I was trying not to get hit by the ball. As I tried to avoid the action, this fellow came running up to me and struck a pose. I didn't understand until he said, "Hey! Take my picture?"
View attachment 36414

He asked to see the picture. I showed him. He was pleased, and then he ran off to rejoin the game.

I get a bit of that, particularly when traveling, but sometimes down at the local beach etc too. I think there’s now the novelty of a “real” camera and maybe they want to see why I would use it instead of a phone. The results often illicit a “how can I get a copy” and I airdrop or message them. All part of the service.

I get this scenario a bit in the city. If it's a guy I'll tell him to buzz off. If it's a girl I'll just tell them I need a better looking subject unfortunately...

I got this at the weekend though. Right as I'd just sorted the shot out this purple haired obese woman comes trekking into the frame. I hear a man's voice next to me say 'hey, do you want me to take that photo?'. I've turned and said 'I'm good but this feral thing has just f@cked up my shot!'. The woman moved on and the bloke went after her.

I was happy then and took my shot. Looked at my missus and she was basically on the ground laughing her head off. I said 'what?', she said 'that was that guy's wife...'

Good, she was screwing up a lovely photo. It turned out well... 😄

View attachment 36434

Last edited by a moderator:
My cousin likes street photography more than I do and he also wanted to get his name out there for events. So he would take an InstaX printer in his backpack, print photos for people he took shots of, and his contact info was pre-printed on the back.

I get this scenario a bit in the city. If it's a guy I'll tell him to buzz off. If it's a girl I'll just tell them I need a better looking subject unfortunately...

I got this at the weekend though. Right as I'd just sorted the shot out this purple haired obese woman comes trekking into the frame. I hear a man's voice next to me say 'hey, do you want me to take that photo?'. I've turned and said 'I'm good but this feral thing has just f@cked up my shot!'. The woman moved on and the bloke went after her.

I was happy then and took my shot. Looked at my missus and she was basically on the ground laughing her head off. I said 'what?', she said 'that was that guy's wife...'

Good, she was screwing up a lovely photo. It turned out well... 😄

View attachment 36434
Haha. Sometimes I laugh and say “Nah, I’ve run out of disk space”. Never fails to get his mates to laugh.

This could be a good Theme thread. I was at a local nature preserve this afternoon and as I passed a couple on a boardwalk the young lady asked if I was taking photos (duh- I had my a7RV and 100-400 lens with a 1.4x TC) and then asked if I would take her picture. I obliged and my wife asked her where do you want him to send it and she said she just liked to pose for photos.

JRV01529-ARW_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS + 1.4X Teleconverter
  • 140.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 1250

Back