Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
Kind of cool! I was contacted by the car's owner/driver for permission to use one of my shots from 2020 for his 2023 season hero card. This will be done in an 8 x 10 glossy with text, like a large baseball card. He offered to pay but I allowed it at no cost, with two caveats: A) I get one for my portfolio, and B) they cannot remove my logo. This will get handed out by the thousands this season and may result in some fan sales. Seems like decent free advertising.

This is one of my favorite Nostalgia Funny Cars. The car is named T-Rex. The 'dinosaur' in the background is the driver's wife. The fans love the shtick, especially the kids. She'll get up along the fence next to the stands and do all kinds of antics.

Full disclosure, this was made pre-Sony during my M-4/3 days. Panasonic DC-G9 and Panasonic Leica 50-200mm f/2.8-4.0 DG Vario-Elmarit ASPH. This was my absolute favorite lens.

TRexjpeg.jpg
  • DC-G9
  • LEICA DG 50-200mm F2.8-4.0
  • 173.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 200

Great work Tim. Looks like an awesome event! I’m a drag race virgin, but hopefully not forever! 😀

Great work Tim. Looks like an awesome event! I’m a drag race virgin, but hopefully not forever! 😀
I love mechanized noise. Jets, loud cars, loud boats, steam trains. I had no idea until I stood 12' from a nitro-burning funny car coming off the line exactly what noise is. It is breathtaking.

Sweet! Congrats Tim!

Back