Sony A7 IV Images unable to display on A7IV

NOLA1998

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Bin Shan
I just received my A7iv, started shooting pictures using it during my visits of several national parks in Utah. All went well until I shot around 300 images. Dozens of images I shot in Lower Antelop Caynon weren't available for review on the camera's screen, with an error message "unable to display". Then the problem disappeared for the next 20 shots, and then came back again in Arches. I shot using Tamron 17-28 and 28-200, in RAW format onto a Sandisk Extreme Pro card. I googled, the only relevant information is modification/deletion of the images on the memory card using a computer can lead to this problem, I followed the image base recovery instructions on Sony's support site, but unable to fix the problem. I backed up the image files on my PC, and they showed as corrupted RAW. Can anyone provide any info to fix this problem? Those corrupted images are really valuable. Any help is deeply appreciated.

So sorry for your problem. I wish I could help, but it's beyond my capabilities.

I just received my A7iv, started shooting pictures using it during my visits of several national parks in Utah. All went well until I shot around 300 images. Dozens of images I shot in Lower Antelop Caynon weren't available for review on the camera's screen, with an error message "unable to display". Then the problem disappeared for the next 20 shots, and then came back again in Arches. I shot using Tamron 17-28 and 28-200, in RAW format onto a Sandisk Extreme Pro card. I googled, the only relevant information is modification/deletion of the images on the memory card using a computer can lead to this problem, I followed the image base recovery instructions on Sony's support site, but unable to fix the problem. I backed up the image files on my PC, and they showed as corrupted RAW. Can anyone provide any info to fix this problem? Those corrupted images are really valuable. Any help is deeply appreciated.
Don't know if this helps Bin.
The error message Unable to display may display on the LCD screen when trying to view a photo (still image) that was previously rotated, modified, and overwritten using editing software on a computer. To play images you have taken on the camera, we recommend that you don't make any changes to the original image files on the memory card.

You can continue recording images to the memory card, but the error message returns every time you view the edited photo on the camera. Follow the procedure below to remove the error. Steps will vary depending on your camera model. Check the manual for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.

1. Back up the images from the memory card using a computer.
  2. Perform one of the following operations and check if you still get the error message.
    • If you want to keep some images on the memory card, select Recover Image DB.
      • The camera rebuilds the memory card database and deletes photos that cause the error.
    • If you want to remove all saved images, select Format.
      • WARNING! There is a risk of data loss. Formatting the memory card will permanently delete all data stored on it.

https://www.yodot.com/blog/solved-unable-to-display-images-error-in-sony-camera also try this link hope you get it sorted

Don't know if this helps Bin.
The error message Unable to display may display on the LCD screen when trying to view a photo (still image) that was previously rotated, modified, and overwritten using editing software on a computer. To play images you have taken on the camera, we recommend that you don't make any changes to the original image files on the memory card.

You can continue recording images to the memory card, but the error message returns every time you view the edited photo on the camera. Follow the procedure below to remove the error. Steps will vary depending on your camera model. Check the manual for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.

1. Back up the images from the memory card using a computer.
  2. Perform one of the following operations and check if you still get the error message.
    • If you want to keep some images on the memory card, select Recover Image DB.
      • The camera rebuilds the memory card database and deletes photos that cause the error.
    • If you want to remove all saved images, select Format.
      • WARNING! There is a risk of data loss. Formatting the memory card will permanently delete all data stored on it.

https://www.yodot.com/blog/solved-unable-to-display-images-error-in-sony-camera also try this link hope you get it sorted
Thanks WeeMalky! I did try what you suggested, and failed to repair the images, maybe I have to format the disk after backing up the files.

Hello! Did this problem repeat itself with your a7IV?

Back