Name
Gary Finn
Country
Australia
City/State
Coogee Beach
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I thought I was clever putting the ISO setting on the rear dial until I bumped it off Auto at the rodeo.

With Auto ISO min SS I was happy with….

GJF01094.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • Sony FE 135mm F1.8
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.2
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 6400

After bumping the ISO dial - fuzzy focus for the next 250 frames…..

GJF01043.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • Sony FE 135mm F1.8
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.2
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 125

There could be a reason the dial is traditionally lockable.

。 mmm, gotcha, but the locking wheel on my other Sony is even when unlocked a little too stiff to use all that rapidly

。 that said AFAIK I have not accidentally bumped the wheel on my A7iv, that usually seems to happen with my D700 front and rear dials

。 are those riders really heavy?

。 mmm, gotcha, but the locking wheel on my other Sony is even when unlocked a little too stiff to use all that rapidly

。 that said AFAIK I have not accidentally bumped the wheel on my A7iv, that usually seems to happen with my D700 front and rear dials

。 are those riders really heavy?
These are “quarter-horses”. I’m trying to decide if it’s because they turn on a quarter, or, are quarter size of other horses!

Anyway, they seem to squat on their bums so they can turn very quickly to cut out a calf.

GJF01212.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 135mm F1.8 GM
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.2
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 6400

GJF01362.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 135mm F1.8 GM
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.2
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 10000

GJF01459.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 135mm F1.8 GM
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.2
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 12800

GJF01463.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.2
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 10000

GJF01158.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • Sony FE 135mm F1.8
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.2
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 5000

Looks joint-intense on the horses though - still pretty cool. Never been to one of those. Where was it, the Riff? Or farther out west; oh, hold on, I can see Scone written on an ad behind him, so a nice stroll up the New England for ya?

You are clever Gaz! Just stop bumping the bloody dial! And get in the habit of quickly looking at your three majors every shot..!

Looks joint-intense on the horses though - still pretty cool. Never been to one of those. Where was it, the Riff? Or farther out west; oh, hold on, I can see Scone written on an ad behind him, so a nice stroll up the New England for ya?
Yes! Tamworth equestrian centre. I’m heading south west tomorrow and then back through Bathurst to Sydney. My first rodeo too!

ISO is easy to get to a couple of different ways, and since they require mutiple steps to change, much safer. I made the mistake once of programming Super 35 (APS-C mode) on the lens focus hold button since I never use them. Figured it would give me quick access. It did. I accidently pressed the button and ended up shooting almost an entire event in crop mode. That button is now unprogrammed. Some things are best left alone.

ISO is easy to get to a couple of different ways, and since they require mutiple steps to change, much safer. I made the mistake once of programming Super 35 (APS-C mode) on the lens focus hold button since I never use them. Figured it would give me quick access. It did. I accidently pressed the button and ended up shooting almost an entire event in crop mode. That button is now unprogrammed. Some things are best left alone.

Oh yeah. I lasted a day custom programming the focus hold button… on the 200-600 there are three so there’s the odds on accident.

I feel like programming it to the off switch so I know when it’s been hit. Fat fingers!!!

Back