Kind of excited, first NHRA shoot this weekend.

Brownie

Legendary Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
This weekend I'll be shooting the NHRA Motor City Nationals, part of the North Central National Series. This will be my first NHRA sanctioned event. Even though Milan Dragway is an NHRA track, events until now have all been local. If this goes well and the NHRA likes what they see, this could lead to more national and sanctioned events for the track. I hope it works out for them, the new owners are busting their collective behinds to polish this old gem. So far so good.

I'm sure you'll show them who's boss mate! Just keep that lens skirt off, time to be a real man! 💥

I hope it goes well. Drag racing is pure brutality in car form.

I hope it goes well. Drag racing is pure brutality in car form.
It's an amazing display. Everything happens so fast. Mere seconds and it's over, on to the next. Screw up by a millisecond and you're out.

This event will be three days:
  • Friday, test and tune. Get ready, make sure your car is set up for the track.
  • Saturday, qualifying rounds. Not sure what the cut off is.
  • Sunday, elimination rounds. If this goes like I see on TV, there will probably be a field of 16 cars sent to the eliminations for each class.

I was planning to go only on Saturday because I'd be able to get shots of all the participants. By Sunday those who were eliminated will be gone. Now they're saying rain on Saturday, so I may go Friday evening for the Test and Tune, then Sunday for Eliminations.

Have fun! Getting credentials to the big time races would be really cool.

Have fun! Getting credentials to the big time races would be really cool.
As I understand it they only provide credentials to those who are shooting for a publication like Dragzine, Hot Rod, Metro Times, etc. I don't know that you need to be a full-time employee of one, but you need a letter stating you're shooting for them. That day may come but not right now.

As I understand it they only provide credentials to those who are shooting for a publication like Dragzine, Hot Rod, Metro Times, etc. I don't know that you need to be a full-time employee of one, but you need a letter stating you're shooting for them. That day may come but not right now.
Fingers crossed it's sooner than you think!

Back