Lens hood dilemma: What are my options? A7R V + FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

BellaByrd

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Samantha Sparks
Country
United States
City/State
Washington DC
I am currently visiting Hawaii (Big Island) and I lost the lens hood on my 200-600mm while shooting with my other kit.

If I can’t buy/rent one on the island and have no choice but to shoot without a lens hood, is there a way for me to compensate and still get decent shots?

A7R V + FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 w/ ProMaster - HGX Prime CPL filter.

Mostly shooting birds and other wildlife in variable conditions.

Get Clint to send you his - it’s in mint condition :)

If you can’t get one, and expect to be shooting with the sun just out of shot, you might look at improvising a shade. If you are using a monopod, you might hold a hat between the lens and the sun.

whatever you do, don’t make a hood out of tinfoil - it’s reflective, and you’d make things worse!

This happened to a friend some years ago, and I simply made a cardboard tube and taped it to the end, and if you colour the inside black it does what the hood does, lens coat and others make travel wrap around versions but that is not much help right now

If there is a stationery or handicraft store nearby get some black cardboard/card or similar and
form a simple cylinder and tape around your lens end with gorilla tape...... primitive, but needs
must and it should get you through.....

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back