Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
super job Tim I take it these are not from 2021 and are in fact from last week:)

super job Tim I take it these are not from 2021 and are in fact from last week:)
Yes, since I just got those lenses a month or so ago. :unsure: These are indeed SONY photos. Click image, go to Flickr, click show exif.

For some reason when I use Affinity for NR, then save as a PNG and complete processing in DT, the exif that Flickr displays is stripped, but if you click the exif link it's there.

Almost forgot!

Thanks Gary! (y)

Really nice

Thanks Chris! (y)

Thanks Alex! (y)

Thanks Scooter! (y)

Thanks for looking Matthias! (y)

Thanks Iain! (y)

almost feels like I was there. Looking at the settings, makes me less worried about pushing the ISO up when needed.

almost feels like I was there. Looking at the settings, makes me less worried about pushing the ISO up when needed.
I'm still not totally comfortable. It took a while to get used to ISO 8000, now I've moved to ISO 12,800 when needed. The other aspect of those shots is the cars are in motion. Shooting in light that low and being able to use 1/1000 shutter to freeze the car is just weird!

Thanks for looking! (y)

Thanks Clint! (y)

Thanks for looking Tim! (y)

Thanks Ed! (y)

Thanks Kev! (y)

It is not just the ability to shoot at crazy ISOs that is so wonderful, it is also the ability to shoot hand-held for really long exposure times, thanks to image stabilisation. I once took a photo with an exposure of 0.7 secs with a 90mm lens, and there was no sign of camera shake. I wonder what the next big innovation in photography will be, to follow digital, mirrorless and IS?

Thanks ST! (y)

Thanks Etienne! (y)

Thanks Gaz! (y)

Thanks Alan! (y)

When my daughter decided to get into photography, she wanted to take a class (college kids...) and she wanted me to go, so we signed up for an adult education class at the community college. The instructor was a bit of a tool, the main reason being that his knowledge of the technical aspects of digital cameras was way behind the then-current generation of cameras. He insisted IBIS didn't work and other various little weird things. He also went off on tangents. Anyway, it was only a Photo 1 class so I didn't need it to begin with, exposure triangle, rule of thirds type stuff. Anything my daughter missed out on because of his incompetence and digressions I filled in.

One of his assertions (probably due to his first generation DSLR) was that you should

"NEVER EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SHOOT AN ISO ABOVE 100."

I think these shots would give him apoplexy...

^ There are still people wo believe in that to an extent, maybe 320, but never higher. I've seen posts on the Facebook pages saying just that.

Look at the rear tyre on the blue car, incredible stresses at work!

How much torque is being handled there?

Look at the rear tyre on the blue car, incredible stresses at work!

How much torque is being handled there?
Beats me. That car is probably 4000-5000 horsepower.

Here's a good example of tire deformation from the same venue, different event. The tires have to be bolted to the rims or they'd spin them right off.

Thanks for looking Dave!

DSC01385 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

Back