Sony A9 II Manual mode with auto ISO Sony A9ii

runyanp

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Peg
Coming from Nikon and I am struggling to set auto ISO while shooting in manual mode. Can you do this with Sony? I might have it set, but I can never see what ISO I am shooting at. If I knew I could adjust my SS and/or fstop for the situation. Any advice appreciated.

I know that you can lock you ISO to auto on the the Sony A7ii and as well the Sony RX10 m4.
On both mine I touch the wheel thing on the right side and this brings up ISO.
And there you can set it to Auto and I have even set my ISO to a max of 800.
I have done this to both camera's as I going over that number I seem to fail.
So you have to set it to your own liking but it can b done So I hope this helps.

I know that you can lock you ISO to auto on the the Sony A7ii and as well the Sony RX10 m4.
So you have to set it to your own liking but it can b done So I hope this helps.
Thank you, I will give that a try.

Same on A7iii and A1, so I think it should be standart across all Sony alpha cameras.

Yes, the a9ii allows manual mode with auto iso. basically you will be locking the shutter speed and F stop as per any manual shot, therefore the only thing the camera can change is the ISO. Further, once it hits your max iso, it then stops - thus the image will be underexposed If further light is required. To see your iso, f stop and shutter speed, hit the “Disp’ display button using the control wheel. Hitting it several times changes what is displayed, one of the displays just shows the info you are looking for at the bottom of the screen.

Yes, the a9ii allows manual mode with auto iso. basically you will be locking the shutter speed and F stop as per any manual shot, therefore the only thing the camera can change is the ISO. Further, once it hits your max iso, it then stops - thus the image will be underexposed If further light is required. To see your iso, f stop and shutter speed, hit the “Disp’ display button using the control wheel. Hitting it several times changes what is displayed, one of the displays just shows the info you are looking for at the bottom of the screen.
Welcome to the Forum, Jeff. Thanks for the good tip. We might have a couple of things in common. My email for example is toyfreak at......
Welcome aboard.

Hi I have the a9 and that is the same as a9ii in manual ie it is auto iso when in manual but you can toggle menus and set upper limit for iso which you will need in my opinion because the a9 is not great with iso noise wise and I will not use above 6400 in general. the a7iii in manual you can select iso in manual and I wish that was the case on the a9, as mentioned above hit display button to see iso and anything else you have set in that option otherwise hit right of control wheel marked iso if its not been reset to another option.

On my A9 II (which I've only had for 2 weeks), in the lower right corner of the EVF, it says "ISO AUTO". If I depress the shutter button halfway, the word "AUTO" changes to the actual ISO the camera has selected.

Back