The latest firmware version for the Sony a9II is now version 3.00
Firmware v3.00 Benefits and Improvements
- Adds the Crop function to allow you to crop a recorded still image
- Adds the Forced File No. Reset option in the File/Folder Settings (still image) menu to allow you to reset the still image file number and create a new folder
- Other improvements
- It is improved the phenomenon that some functions are not registered correctly in the Function menu
- Improves the overall stability of the camera
You can download the latest firmware from your local Sony support website. The below links will take you to the correct page to download the firmware. Make sure that you download the correct firmware for your computer (Windows or Mac).
Important note: When you update to this version, the camera settings will be reinitialized. Because of this, it’s recommend that you save the current settings before updating. You can use the Save/Load Settings function to save the current settings to a memory card and write them back after the update.
Previous Firmware Versions
Improvements from previous firmware versions are always included in the latest firmware version. So even if you have missed a couple of firmware versions, you only ever need to install the latest version.
- “Hi Frequency Flicker” function: reduces the impact of flickering of artificial light sources (e.g. digital signage, electronic signboards, LED lights, etc.), by more finely adjusting the shutter speed
Note: Imaging Edge Remote, Imaging Edge Mobile and Remote Camera Tool are not supported. (As of April 9th,2020)
- Face/Eye Priority in AF function usability improvements:
- Face/Eye Priority can be activated or deactivated when pressing a custom key
- If a custom key is already set to Face/Eye priority, this improvement will be available when the camera is updated
- Remote Camera Tool software: Focus frame, including tracking AF, can be displayed for almost all scenes
Note: Remote Camera Tool is required for update to Ver 2.00 or later. Please update to the latest software version.
- Improved operability of FTP transfer function
- The camera’s MAC address can now be displayed as a QR code
- Other improvements
- When the camera is turned off, the shutter is closed to prevent dust particles and debris reaching the image sensor when changing lenses
- Customized camera settings can be saved and loaded to My MENU
- Improvements to the overall stability of the camera
- FTP transfer can be started earlier after shooting pictures
- Improves the overall stability and performance of the camera:
- Corrects a specific condition where the camera can sometimes turn off when playing back RAW images
- JPEG Image quality is more consistent when shooting under specific conditions