Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

Most photogenic places

teekay

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
tony knight
Country
France
City/State
77210 Avon
Where are the best places you have visited for photography. I live in the amazing town of Fontainebleau where there is a beautiful forest and the famous chateau. However two of my favourite places here in France are Colmar in Alsace and The Savage coast around Quiberon,Brittany.

Last edited:
One of the places I love the most is the west coast of Scotland. The first photo I had enlarged to poster size was a grainy one of the Queen’s View, near Pitlochry. It was enlarged from a grainy 200 ISO negative but with moody skies it still hangs proudly on my Mum’s wall, nearly 35 years later!

Personally, I feel nearly any body of water can be photogenic.

Falkland Islands every time but C19 has screwed this years trip up or i might have said Antarctic never mind hopefully next year.

Falkland Islands every time but C19 has screwed this years trip up or i might have said Antarctic never mind hopefully next year.
Last time I was there was 1982 but didn't get much time to take in the scenery but would love to go back both for photography and to remember.

Hawaii has always been a very photogenic island. you can literally close your eyes, point and shoot anywhere.

Last time I was there was 1982 but didn't get much time to take in the scenery but would love to go back both for photography and to remember.
The locals would be as glad to see you know as they were in 82 they welcome any one who is not wave,ing a blue and white flag

I loved Ireland for sure as it offered a wide variety of subjects. I live in St Petersburg, FL and have found Ft DeSoto Park to be a great area for a variety of photographic options.

Attachments

• IMG_1162.JPG
    IMG_1162.JPG
    429.7 KB · Views: 40
Grand Teton is my favorite. Also (and I may be biased as I live here) pretty much all of Utah is photogenic and unique: 5 national parks, the Salt Flats, mountains, red rock desert, Great Salt Lake shoreline, wildlife and birds... it's hard not to find something pretty to shoot here.

Grand Teton is my favorite. Also (and I may be biased as I live here) pretty much all of Utah is photogenic and unique: 5 national parks, the Salt Flats, mountains, red rock desert, Great Salt Lake shoreline, wildlife and birds... it's hard not to find something pretty to shoot here.
I want to move to St. George. So much great country there.

My favourite places tend to be those that have a story to tell. An abandoned houses, rural scenes gritty city and street scenes, And anything with texture. Rusty, weathered, faded peeling And forgotten objects.

I live in Hawai'i, so I am a bit biased lol. However I also loooooved shooting in Japan!

I live in Hawai'i, so I am a bit biased lol. However I also loooooved shooting in Japan!

I was due to go to Japan last May. So, so disappointed. Guess we are still healthy though!

I was due to go to Japan last May. So, so disappointed. Guess we are still healthy though!
Hopefully you still get a chance to go! The wait will make it all the better once you get there!

New in Marketplace

Back