Sony A9 Need Customizable Button Set-up Help

Mettaman

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Hello. I'm using an A9 with the Sony 70-300 and having difficulty setting up customizable buttons, specifically C1 and C2. Is it possible to set-up C1 to open at: Flexible Spot-Small, f5.6, 1/300, ISO Auto and C2 to open at: Zone focus area, f5.6, 1/3000, ISO Auto? Thank you.

Hello. I'm using an A9 with the Sony 70-300 and having difficulty setting up customizable buttons, specifically C1 and C2. Is it possible to set-up C1 to open at: Flexible Spot-Small, f5.6, 1/300, ISO Auto and C2 to open at: Zone focus area, f5.6, 1/3000, ISO Auto? Thank you.
Yes, set them in M and register them to the Custom positions you want in 'Camera set memory' from the main menu.

Yes, set them in M and register them to the Custom positions you want in 'Camera set memory' from the main menu.
Thanks that worked however I need to hold down the customized button to maintain the settings. Is there a way to press and release the button and have it stay on the the customized settings.

I misunderstood what you were trying to do. My description related to Custom positions 1, 2 and 3 on the main dial not the buttons.
They can be only be programmed to control one feature each.
eg. I have C1 for digital zoom in and C2 for digital zoom out.

Thanks that worked however I need to hold down the customized button to maintain the settings. Is there a way to press and release the button and have it stay on the the customized settings.
No, there isn't, and I think Slug is still misunderstanding. I believe you're referring to 'Custom Hold'. Please see this thread, the second section of the first post, and then more later in the thread. You will probably find the first section (Custom Modes) useful as well, based on your questions.

As Brownie said, you might want to set up the 1 and 2 modes on the mode dial to the setting you specified.

Tip: Choose the mode you want to base them on carefully, because it's the one thing you cannot change afterwards without having to re-define the whole custom mode again.

For example, if you mostly shoot A (aperture priority), then set up your camera in mode A, with all the settings you listed, and save it as 1.

I have custom mode 1 set for studio shooting, so it is based on mode M with a fixed ISO of 100, aperture of f/8 and shutter speed set to flash sync speed, while I have custom mode 2 set to animal photography, so it is based on A with Auto ISO set to Auto with min shutter 1/2000 - I also have it set to default to the lens wide open (I set it to f/1.2 on the 50mm f/1.2 GM, so all lenses are set to wide open).

Best part is that you can modify the settings as much as you like, then return to the memorised settings by turning the dial to another mode, then back to your custom mode.

Back