Sony A7 III New a7iii - Bad Pixel?

Damien

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
L0ckon1974
Just purchased the a7iii back in November 2020 from B&H. All good until I started to pixel peep on some New years photos and the right hand corner showed a RED pixel for over a 100 pictures. Granted I had the camera ON so I could just blast out some photos when the action started, but I'm wondering if I should be concerned and send this unit back or in for inspection. I did some test shots with the lens cap on and it didn't show the dead pixel, but then it appeared again on some lunar shots in a different location in 2 spots! The sensor is clean and the lens is a Tamron APS-C 18-200. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 85
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 88
What happened with this?

I would have to chalk it up to just a hot pixel. Just a theory, due to no one able to give their opinion. It never resurfaced, but was very odd when it happened.

Glad to learn it was transient

Were these long exposure shots? It is common with many cameras to have some hot pixels due to the sensor building up heat during a long exposure. Thankfully there is a setting in PhotoShop to remove those pixels with little effort.

Back