Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
Samyang is ready to release their version of Tamron's $1900 lens. I'm guessing it'll be in the $1k range. Interested to see how it holds up in reviews, but more importantly image samples. Might be one worth looking at. My biggest complaint about the Tamron (besides the $1900 for a Tamron) is how quickly you lose f/2. If I'm remembering correctly, you're at 2.5 by 70mm, so you lose an entire stop across almost the back of the range. I doubt Samyang can do any better unless it gets bigger, but maybe they can eek out a bit.

Was still hoping for a 28-135, but this'll do.

I wonder how heavy that will be!

I wonder how heavy that will be!
Yesterday's rumor was that it was going to be a constant 2.8, which would've made it smaller and lighter than Tamron's. Now that it's the same FL and aperture range, it will likely be very similar. I've never held the Tamron, but I would expect Samyang to use more plastic which will keep the weight down.

Interesting. I wonder if it will be AF, as a great many of their lenses are manual only. I can't see it won't be.

Interesting. I wonder if it will be AF, as a great many of their lenses are manual only. I can't see it won't be.
This may be their most expensive lens, so AF is probably a given. It will also be only their second zoom lens for Sony. I'm guessing $1,000-1100 US.

If it's anything like their 24-70mm f2.8 it's going to be huuuuuuuuge!!! About 1.5 kilos maybe... 😱

Last edited by a moderator:
Well their 135 1.8 is pretty good. Hopefully this zoom will be as good or a bit better.

Back