Welcome to Our Sony Alpha Shooters Forum

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rumors New Sigma APSC lens: 50-120mm f2.8

FowlersFreeTime

Legendary Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
41
Following
6
Joined
Nov 19, 2020
Posts
3,534
Likes Received
3,382
Trophy Points
313
Name
Chris
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
It has been a while since I've been excited about an APSC lens release, but SAR is reporting that Sigma is coming out with a 50-120mm f/2.8 APSC lens with optical stabilization!
Sigma 50-120mm F2.8 DC OS | Contemporary

  • Lens Construction:18 elements in 13 groups
  • Minimum Focusing Distance:23cm (Wide) – 55cm (Tele)
  • Maximum Magnification:1:3 (Wide) – 1:4.7 (Tele)
  • OS: 6.5 stops (wide) / 4.5 stops (tele)
  • Autofocus:HLA
  • Filter Size:Ø55mm
  • Weight: (Sony E)390g

I guess I have something to put on my Santa wishlist after all :LOL:
 
I am surprised they kept the filter size so narrow (55mm); perhaps I have grown accustomed to Tamron's universal 67mm thread size. This must be part of the Sigma strategy for keeping APSC lens weight down, because their 18-50 f2.8 lens is also the same 55mm thread size.
 

* Please Consider Becoming a Site Supporter To Remove These Ads *

Back
Top