Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
The brand spankin’ new Z8 has two separate recalls going. One for lenses not locking into the mount, and the other for strap lugs coming loose and even coming out of the body. Nikon has identified serial number ranges for the recalls, not sure if they’re the same range, different, or overlapping.

It seems the plastic body with no metal frame on such a large body isn’t such a great idea. The lens mount though…jeez. It’s not like they developed a new mount, it’s been in use since they introduced the Z Mount. That sounds to me like poorly manufactured or assembled parts.

In Spain we have a saying for that: "lo barato sale caro" (cheap things prove to be expensive in the long run).

The brand spankin’ new Z8 has two separate recalls going. One for lenses not locking into the mount, and the other for strap lugs coming loose and even coming out of the body. Nikon has identified serial number ranges for the recalls, not sure if they’re the same range, different, or overlapping.

It seems the plastic body with no metal frame on such a large body isn’t such a great idea. The lens mount though…jeez. It’s not like they developed a new mount, it’s been in use since they introduced the Z Mount. That sounds to me like poorly manufactured or assembled parts.
i don't think the fault with the strap lugs has anything to do with the body,

i don't think the fault with the strap lugs has anything to do with the body,
Could be. I saw an image and it didn’t look like they tore out. Maybe just not staying tight. Still concerning.

Could be. I saw an image and it didn’t look like they tore out. Maybe just not staying tight. Still concerning.
there's a small pin which falls out of strap lug

1692455381349.jpeg

The other recall was for lenses not fitting. Weird.

Back