On1 Photo Raw 2023

• Thread starter Deleted Member 5045
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 5045

Has anyone had this issue? I downloaded and installed this, then when I click on the icon it does nothing.

My computer is less than a year old and has well over all the requirements listed for this product.

I've written an email to the company but just thought I'd ask you guys here in case someone has been through this already.

Has anyone had this issue? I downloaded and installed this, then when I click on the icon it does nothing.

My computer is less than a year old and has well over all the requirements listed for this product.

I've written an email to the company but just thought I'd ask you guys here in case someone has been through this already.
I’ve not used that program.

I've never used it. But with most computer problems these days I just hit the restart button :) Otherwise maybe remove and re-install the software.

I have the 2022 version of that software, have not had issues on an old i5 laptop. Hope you find a resolution.

I reinstalled the program a couple of times, checked graphics card driver was up to date. I'm well and truly sorted for hardware and drivers. They've written back about a clean install on the Nvidia driver and a 3d restore thing. We'll see later when I get home...

I'm keen to see how this plays out Clint. They emailed me a promotional price to upgrade from 2022 to '23, but if the hardware requirements are so high (or there are other bugs) that you can't get it to run, then I will skip it!

We'll see how it goes. It has to be some funny mouse click somewhere, because the hardware requirements are not anything that anyone with better than a 4 or 5 year old computer would need to worry about.

Just in case anyone wants to know. I've been given different product downloads, have redownloaded graphics drivers and settings about 7-8 times over the past week and still no On1 Photo RAW is working on my computer. The customer service has been very good though, good communication and attentiveness. Just no result as of yet.

That's crazy man. What is your PC setup? Or is it a Mac?

I have Ryzen 7, 16gb Ram, 4gb Nvidia GTX1650.

It's a funny one... 😵‍💫

Time for a refund? If they can't sort it buy now, it's likely they never will. Wait too long and you'll be screwed.

Go and Grab Affinity V2 for $40 before the release special is over or download Darktable for free as a 'just in case'.

I have Ryzen 7, 16gb Ram, 4gb Nvidia GTX1650.

It's a funny one... 😵‍💫
I wonder if it's an AMD issue.
I used to build PCs exclusively with AMD parts, but I have found in the era of Windows 11 that older AMD hardware (not to say yours is) yields more compatibility issues. Did you build this one yourself? Any other updates you can check? CPU? Windows? Motherboard/BIOS?

I've put the request in for a refund. Guess I may just have to stay with Lightroom after all.

I really wanted to not be giving my money to a globalist owned company in Adobe so I'll have a look at Affinity today and make a decision on that, cheers for the recommendation Timmy.

I've put the request in for a refund. Guess I may just have to stay with Lightroom after all.

I really wanted to not be giving my money to a globalist owned company in Adobe so I'll have a look at Affinity today and make a decision on that, cheers for the recommendation Timmy.
Seriously, look at Darktable. It's an insanely powerful, open sourced, totally free program that is updated twice a year and heavily supported. I've used it exclusively for years and have only just started switching to Affinity. However, I expect to continue processing all of my Drag Racing photos with Darktable for production.

Seriously, look at Darktable. It's an insanely powerful, open sourced, totally free program that is updated twice a year and heavily supported. I've used it exclusively for years and have only just started switching to Affinity. However, I expect to continue processing all of my Drag Racing photos with Darktable for production.

Righteo, I'll check it out mate if you reckon it's the goods. ✅

I'm not the type who gets excited about free stuff, many times a bit more money saves you on the mental annoyance of things...

I'm already paying for Adobe, but I wouldn't mind my money going elsewhere and I thought On1 just looked really good.

If something is for free and it is amazing then great, but if I have to pay to get what I actually want then it doesn't bother me in the least.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about Capture One?

Darktable does look like it's rated well. 🙂

Never tried Capt 1. I used Photoshop back in the day, and now Darktable, Affinity, and for simple jpegs there's a program called Paint.net. It was originally supposed to be a new iteration of MS Paint, but MS cancelled it. The developer continued it and it's another open source program.

Back