Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

Sony A7R V Possible trojan A7RV support for Adobe

AlphaWorld

Veteran Member
Followers
Following
Name
Tony
On another site, a member who joined in 2013, but only has a handful of posts (perhaps a lapsed member whose account has been hacked?) posted that there was an Adobe update adding support for the A7RV.

I was rather interested, as were several others. When pressed, a link was supplied, but it was not to Adobe, or anything like Adobe. I have no interest in following links like that (I don't want to download malware and find myself getting a ransomware message saying all my photos have been encrypted!!).

It could have been genuine, but I'm fairly sure it was an attempted Trojan.

If you are waiting for A7RV support, don't get sucked in by something like this! If the software isn't on the offical site, it's more likely to be malign than real.

I'll keep waiting for a notification to pop telling me I have an ACR update.

When my updates come from Adobe Creative Cloud, they automatically upgrade the software, I don't need to do anything.
I get a notice that the upgrade has been installed.

I have mine set to "tell me", and it hasn't told me yet. Looking forward to when it does!

If you don't see new updates indicated in the creative cloud updates box, where you see all your products and their update status, you should try going to the toolbar at the top for creative cloud and click on help then select check for updates, that is where Adobe support directed me and yes the update was there. I updated and now can import to LR and PS raw files.

New in Marketplace

Back