Name
Guy
Country
Australia
City/State
Sydney
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Three shots of reflections off various things.
GT_231014_4167.jpeg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • 28-70mm F2.8 DG DN | Contemporary 021
  • 43.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 400
GT_231014_4432.jpeg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • 37.7 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 1250
GT_231014_4172.jpeg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • 43.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 400

That Sigma would be a good lens for street roaming. I notice you generally shoot around 40mm in those circumstances Guy. That's why I bought my 40mm f2.5 G, I found I was shooting that FL alot too and it's nice to have such a small lens on camera sometimes when I can't be bothered carrying a bigger one. On the other hand, our 16-35mm PZ's are great for this as well. It's a tough gig using the Sony E Mount eco system isn't it..! 😋

That Sigma would be a good lens for street roaming. I notice you generally shoot around 40mm in those circumstances Guy. That's why I bought my 40mm f2.5 G, I found I was shooting that FL alot too and it's nice to have such a small lens on camera sometimes when I can't be bothered carrying a bigger one. On the other hand, our 16-35mm PZ's are great for this as well. It's a tough gig using the Sony E Mount eco system isn't it..! 😋
Good pick up on FL Clint. I’d not been too conscious of that but reckon you’re right. As it happens I’ve just bought the 24-70GM2 and will sell the Sigma. A bit heavier but that FL range is in the sweet spot. Only fired it up this last weekend at a family party; love it. Sony pricing has been bouncing crazily on that lens and I grabbed it when it went low for some reason. I like my Sony 50mm f/1.8 for its size but the AF and overall quality on the G and GM lenses are drawing me in. So maybe a better prime at some stage. Choices, choices…

My favourite lens is my 24-70mm GMII these days. It just feels so solid and reliable, and it simply looks sexy as hell on the A7RV! Did you pick that up from DigiDirect just now?

My favourite lens is my 24-70mm GMII these days. It just feels so solid and reliable, and it simply looks sexy as hell on the A7RV! Did you pick that up from DigiDirect just now?
From Sony direct. Price now $2379 and I grabbed it 100 under that. Don’t know what they are doing — price moved half a dozen times over a week on Sony AU website. I’m keeping an eye in case 70-200GM2 shifts, and 100-400GM…kind of hopeful they bring out a GM2 for that one.

Good price. Pretty unreal how literally the only thing that hasn't increased in price in the last couple of years is camera lenses. I constantly expect to see a jump all round in the market, but still haven't yet...

I love a conceptual set and you did great.

Last edited:
Back