All Models Sel. Focus Point On/Off

davidzvi

Followers
Following
Name
David
I know I've seen it before, but I can't find it. How do you turn off the "Sel. Focus Point On/Off" that's displayed on the screen?

I posted this in the FB group and got no replies, hoping for better here.

It might help if you put down just what camera you have got and then people can point you to the right place a lot faster.
I think even with Sony camera's the position in the menu changes from model to model (I think that is).

It might help if you put down just what camera you have got and then people can point you to the right place a lot faster.
I think even with Sony camera's the position in the menu changes from model to model (I think that is).
A7cR.

Sorry I've seen references to this in posts about the A6700, A7C, and others, but I can't find the one I had previously that had the answer. I've tried going through the shooting and AF menus (where I thought it was) but can't find it.

A7cR.

Sorry I've seen references to this in posts about the A6700, A7C, and others, but I can't find the one I had previously that had the answer. I've tried going through the shooting and AF menus (where I thought it was) but can't find it.
I honestly don't know the answer you need but have you tried to look it up on Goggle as this is one of the best ways to get information and also give youtube a try as it could even be in there.

This is what I just googled but still not sure if it is what you want.

How do I turn off spot focus on my Sony?

When [ Focus Mode] is set to [Continuous AF], the focus mode temporarily switches to manual focus, and the focus can be adjusted using the focus ring (spot focus). To cancel spot focus, touch (Touch focus release) icon or press the center of the control wheel.

Been googling for over a week. I don't recall seeing in a video, but maybe.

In AF-S that message is displayed in all the point modes until a press the shutter 1/2 way.

PXL_20240522_014918245.MP.jpg

Sorry mate I have no idea you are going to need someone with the same camera to help ya.

Hi David, just press the press the circular button in the centre of the 4 way ring switch to the right of the screen. This toggles the focus point selection to On/Off, you can also aim the focal point to a new area via the 4 way switch. At horse shows, where I can predict the path of the action, I use this feature to pre-frame my set shots. I find that it makes the eye-auto focus even quicker.

Last edited:
Hi David, just press the press the circular button in the centre of the 4 way ring switch to the right of the screen. This toggles the focus point selection to On/Off, you can also aim the focal point to a new area via the 4 way switch. At horse shows, where I can predict the path of the action, I use this feature to pre-frame my set shots. I find that it makes the eye-auto focus even quicker.
Sorry for the confusion. I just want the message gone. The functionality of moving the point is not an issue. Interestingly I just noticed that when the histogram or level is displayed, the highlighted in green and the message disappears after a few seconds.:unsure:

I could live with that on the main screen, but it stays.

2024-05-22_09-23-54.jpg

Back