Sony A6400 Shutter has to “home” when powering down?

Gogogordy

Followers
Following
Name
Matt Gordon
Country
United States
City/State
Murrieta, CA
I'm enjoying a recently purchased A6400. I've had NO issues with it, but do have a couple of questions about it I've been unable to answer on my own.

1) With both the kit 16-50EZ and my new 70-350 lenses mounted, occasionally upon powering-down the camera, after a few seconds delay, there is a noise which sounds like the shutter "homing" itself, before completely powering down. doesnt do it each time, and I haven't pinned down what camera settings might be causing this, if any.

Is this the in lens stabilization mechanism or the EFCS? If so, I've never intentionally used the EFCS which leads me to my next question:

2) What is the EFCS used for and does it become active without specifically activating it, and if so, when/how?.

The A6400 is the most advanced camera I've used and I've never been knowingly exposed to the Electronic Front Curtain Shutter until know. Thanks in advance for any input on this (and please be gentle with me!)

I'm enjoying a recently purchased A6400. I've had NO issues with it, but do have a couple of questions about it I've been unable to answer on my own.

1) With both the kit 16-50EZ and my new 70-350 lenses mounted, occasionally upon powering-down the camera, after a few seconds delay, there is a noise which sounds like the shutter "homing" itself, before completely powering down. doesnt do it each time, and I haven't pinned down what camera settings might be causing this, if any.

Is this the in lens stabilization mechanism or the EFCS? If so, I've never intentionally used the EFCS which leads me to my next question:

2) What is the EFCS used for and does it become active without specifically activating it, and if so, when/how?.

The A6400 is the most advanced camera I've used and I've never been knowingly exposed to the Electronic Front Curtain Shutter until know. Thanks in advance for any input on this (and please be gentle with me!)
This is normal. The camera is taking an exposure with the shutter closed so that it can detect "hot" pixels on the sensor and update its internal database to ignore and discard those pixels, and interpolate data from the neighbouring pixels to fill that gap. Hope this helps Matt

Thank You both for the great info!

Back