Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Malvern
Sigma has today announced 3 new E-mount lenses. A 24mm F3.5 DG DN, a 35mm F2 DG DN and a 65mm F2 DG DN lens. All 3 lenses will be available in mid-January for $549 / £479.00, $639 / £549.00 and $699 / £649.00, respectively.

Kevriano

Expert Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Crawley
I guess they will sell a few, to people who want a cheap option for those focal lengths. It will be interesting to see how they review. A shame they haven't announced the rumoured 70 200 2.8 ART

Reactions: Timothy Mayo

FowlersFreeTime

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Nov 19, 2020
Name
Chris Fowler
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
If I had an A7C, I would be looking at that 35mm as an every day walkaround lens for a good price, but it will be interesting to see how it compares to the Samyang 35mm f1.8.

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Malvern
I guess they will sell a few, to people who want a cheap option for those focal lengths. It will be interesting to see how they review. A shame they haven't announced the rumoured 70 200 2.8 ART
I'm sure they will sell a few for those prices. If they do release a 70-200 2.8 I hope it has better AF performance than the 100-400, mine really struggles with anything that's coming head on.

Kevriano

Expert Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Crawley
I'm sure they will sell a few for those prices. If they do release a 70-200 2.8 I hope it has better AF performance than the 100-400, mine really struggles with anything that's coming head on.

Yes, I've been put off of that lens by a few reviews. It's sharp, no question, but AF is not up to par.

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.