Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

Sony A7 IV Software update won’t work a7IV camera

samir311

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Sam Ibrahim
Country
United States
City/State
Henderson
I had a Mac tried to download software update 1.20 pm my a7M4 camera but not supported M1 Silicon not supported by Sony so I went and spend $1750.00 on a Samsung windows 11 and today I tried for hours and will not work error message computer can’t find the camera . Can someone help or digest how to download it ! I’ve tried to a Sony card but did not work it needs to be installed to the windows computer and installed to the camera . I am kind of giving up its driving me crazy since I haven’t used windows for over 35 years .
thx in advance . Happy shooting

Hey Sam. There is no new firmware available for the a7IV at this time. It’s still on release firmware 1.00. Or did you mean the a7R IVA? This has a version 1.20 available.

Sorry I did not pay attention not to respond to your email but here I am thx for letting me know not sure why when I go to software update my camera is listed there
regards
sam

Sorry I did not pay attention not to respond to your email but here I am thx for letting me know not sure why when I go to software update my camera is listed there
regards
sam
It's listed there because the Sony Imaging Edge software was updated for the A7MIV, and as a placeholder for future updates. If you don't see a link that specifically states Firmware Update, then there isn't one.

New in Marketplace

Back