Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Has anybody had any connection issues with their 200-600? I attached mine to my A1 last week and the aperture just displayed as -- and the lens also failed to focus. The camera was also incredibly slow to turn on and off. I also tried it on my A7RV and had exactly the same problem. My A1 is also working fine with my other lenses so I can't see it being a camera issue. I've cleaned the contacts but the problem remains. I read over on the DPReview forums that someone had a similar issue and it was diagnosed as: "ZMR Assembly-Faulty F-stop". I've never needed to send a lens in for repair before so it will be interesting to see how that works and how much it costs!

Why are they quoting a '5-group assembly' for a communication error? I would ask that question before they did anything else.

ISTR that the guy on Youtube with same fault needed a new board too. I don't recall his total bill.

ISTR that the guy on Youtube with same fault needed a new board too. I don't recall his total bill.
the guy in video paid $601 in total,PC board assembly $163, washer $8, mount assembly $176, so labour was $254

So I've had the repair cost back from Fixation and it's definitely a little more than I was expecting! 😭

Unit costQtyEst. cost
Labour£324.001£324.00
MOUNT ASSY£61.841£61.84
MAIN PC BOARD ASSY£60.921£60.92
5 GROUP ASSY£196.571£196.57
Misc Part£12.001£12.00
Estimate total: £655.33
Must admit the quote does seem high but in fairness I sent my A9II away for a check over after I dropped it ,Fixation seemed to a good job and very competitive . Cheaper than a new one anyway .

Why are they quoting a '5-group assembly' for a communication error? I would ask that question before they did anything else.
No idea but I have asked them.

almost purchase a new one for that ,labours the killer,be interesting to know why the pc board failed ?
Well not quite. If there was just a couple of hundred in it I would have just purchased a new one or not bothered since I'm quite happy with the Sigma for now.

Here's what they replied:

Thank you for your email. A 5th group ass'y has been estimated for as a precaution and is included in a provisional capacity on your estimate. This is due to this lens having a history of the 5th lens group becoming faulty, this gives you the option to have this group replaced while it is here for repair. However, you can decline this aspect of the repair. Please let us know of your wishes.

It's definitely questionable whether or not they would have just replaced it anyway. I've asked them to only replace the faulty components and nothing further.

Here's what they replied:

It's definitely questionable whether or not they would have just replaced it anyway. I've asked them to only replace the faulty components and nothing further.
I expect 10% of the savings to be forwarded to my PayPal account!

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back