Sony A7R5 paired with a Zacuto Kameleon Pro EVF

jccube

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Jim Colmenero
I would like to be able to pair my Sony A7R5 with a Zacuto Kameleon Pro EVF. My eyesight isn't what it used to be. And running video in a really sunny day, I can't see the screen perfectly for good focus pull. What do you guys/girls think??

It looks like it would work with the camera but you would have to find some way to mount it. Also, it is massively expensive and I don't really know, in the real world, if it would really be of much benefit over the cameras viewfinder.

I have been looking at this monitor seems OK Ill go to the shop to have a look. I think G&H carry it also. They do list Sony's. Small Rig has options foe mounting Monitors.

Thanks everybody for your valuable feedback. I just purchased the Zacuto Kameleon Pro EVF from B&H with HDMI & power cable - BH# ZAZKEVFPQ (B&H KIT). Should receive it in 8 business days. I checked with an Engineer at Sony, an old friend from way back. The A7R5 uses the same protocol signaling (handshake) and level 2 packet serialization/deserialization as the Sony Alpha 1. When I receive it, I will scope it with my lab instruments and analyse the hardware signal content & integrity as well as application layer messaging between both devices. I'll compare the results of my analysis with the compatible Sony A1 which I will rent for a couple of weeks. Let's hope for the best. It should be fun.

Last edited:
The mounting to any cage is trivial, I already have a 60 tooth flush Rosette mount so I don't foresee see any mechanical attachment problem - small profile high compression fit (applying 1 newton-meter torque or about 8lbs.). BTW if anyone is interested, I will go ahead and post my results.

Attachments

• Kameleon.jpg
    Kameleon.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Very interesting! I think the majority of the forum members are stills photographers but there are a handful of people who know video too. Welcome to the forum and hope you continue to share your experience!

Very interesting! I think the majority of the forum members are stills photographers but there are a handful of people who know video too. Welcome to the forum and hope you continue to share your experience!
Yeah, let us know how you go with this.

Back