Sony A7R V Sony A7RV (ILCE-7RM5) Touch Focus does not work anymore

mhmann

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
M. Henkelmann
Hello.

After updating my A7RV to --firmware-update-v2.01--, the --Touch Focus-- does not work anymore.

After I activated the --touch focus--, I can touch it, and the focus-field jumps to the place I want, but it does NOT get sharp. Does not turn green.

I tried it with different lenses. It still does nor work. why is that? Any ideas?

Thanks. Michael

Works like a covid vaccine by the looks of it, in that circumstance it's only us unvaxxed who haven't had covid, in this circumstance your focus only works properly if you don't do the update.

I'll check it out later on my RV and get back to you. I've done the update but I've never even once used touch screen focus on my camera. Come to think of it I've never even used the touch screen for anything...

Thanks for your answer Deleted Member 5045.

I normally dont use the touch focus. I always use back-button-focus.

But when I want to take my pictures with the --CREATORS APP-- on my Iphone, (as far as I know), then I have to touch the screen on my Ipohne to change the focus point of the A7RV.

Before installing the firmware update 2.01, it worked flawlessly. But now it does not work anymore.

Is it possible to uninstall firmware 2.01 and reinstall firmware 2.00?

Thanks for you help.

Michael

Are you talking about touching the screen to select the focus point, or are you talking about touching the screen to actually focus?

I've just checked on my camera and after I select the focus point by touching the screen, it will then get focus with half shutter press. I take a photo and it's sharp. Seems to be working as normal.

touch operation on mine moves the focus point but does not show green box ,this is actuated with shutter release .i do not know how it behaved on ver 2.0 as my camera is new and i updated firmware straight away to 2.1

Hello Deleted Member 5045,

Hello Paul Stuart.

Thanks, to both of you for your kind replies.

Since the Firmware-Update to 2.01, “Touch-Operation” on my A7RV (AND when I use Sony’s CREATORS APP on my Iphone/Ipad), moves the focus-point, but the focus-point-box does NOT turn green (NO GREEN BOX), like it used to do before, to indicate, the subject is in focus. The focus-point stays blurry!

When I then press my back-button-focus-button on the A7RV, the focus-point-box turns green and I can take a sharp picture. But it used to be different before!

Before, with firmware 2.00, I could touch the Touch-Operation button on the screen of my A7RV, and the focus-point moved, where I wanted it and turned green (box around), to indicate the subject is in focus. Then I pressed the shutter release button on the A7RV to take the picture.

And the same procedure was possible with Sony’s CREATORS APP on my Iphone/Ipad. I could touch the focus-point on the screen of my Iphone/Ipad, the focus-point moved and the green box appeared, and the subject was instantly in focus.

Then I pressed the shutter-release button ON MY IPhone/IPad (!!!) and the picture was taken.

I hope I could now explain a bit better, what the issue of “Touch-Operation” on my A7RV is now, after Firmware-Update 2.01.

So long

Michael

Back