View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Palhil

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Paul Hill
Hi

At the end of last year, I bought a ZV-E10 with the kit lens and then added a couple of other lenses that I thought would give me a good range. I am still a novice and unfortunately, I had a busy year and wasn't able to get out to use the camera and lenses very much. However, recently I have noticed that one of the lenses is behaving oddly. I think it might be a fault but I thought I should ask before I try sending it back to Sony for repair whilst it is still under warranty. Maybe I am doing something wrong. The other lenses work fine.

The lens I'm having issues with is the Sony E PZ 18-105 mm (SELP18105G)

When I turn the camera on the lens seems fine to begin with but then appears to start randomly losing connection to the camera. It will zoom in and out and display F-- on the screen. After doing this three or four times it finally loses connection completely. If I try to use the zoom controls the screen says the lens is invalid. Turning the camera off and on starts the sequence again.

Here is a video that shows what happens.

https://youtu.be/Tjeq3ZY1m-E?si=Cnl-QVnEYzsvnzeP

I have tried gently wiping the contacts of the camera and the lens with a soft cloth but this has made no difference. Is there anything else I could try or should I just contact Sony for a repair?

Any help is gratefully received. Thanks

Isopropyl alcohol on a swab first , and scrub them, they that aren’t fragile.

Hi

At the end of last year, I bought a ZV-E10 with the kit lens and then added a couple of other lenses that I thought would give me a good range. I am still a novice and unfortunately, I had a busy year and wasn't able to get out to use the camera and lenses very much. However, recently I have noticed that one of the lenses is behaving oddly. I think it might be a fault but I thought I should ask before I try sending it back to Sony for repair whilst it is still under warranty. Maybe I am doing something wrong. The other lenses work fine.

The lens I'm having issues with is the Sony E PZ 18-105 mm (SELP18105G)

When I turn the camera on the lens seems fine to begin with but then appears to start randomly losing connection to the camera. It will zoom in and out and display F-- on the screen. After doing this three or four times it finally loses connection completely. If I try to use the zoom controls the screen says the lens is invalid. Turning the camera off and on starts the sequence again.

Here is a video that shows what happens.

https://youtu.be/Tjeq3ZY1m-E?si=Cnl-QVnEYzsvnzeP

I have tried gently wiping the contacts of the camera and the lens with a soft cloth but this has made no difference. Is there anything else I could try or should I just contact Sony for a repair?

Any help is gratefully received. Thanks
What other lenses did you buy? any other PZ lenses like the 16-50 or 10-20?
In general if that doesn't happen with any other lenses attached, you know its the lens and not the camera body. If that's the case, use your warranty before it expires.

What other lenses did you buy? any other PZ lenses like the 16-50 or 10-20?
In general if that doesn't happen with any other lenses attached, you know its the lens and not the camera body. If that's the case, use your warranty before it expires.
I have the kit lens that came with the camera and a Sigma 16mm without zoom. Both of these are working fine so I suspect something has gone wrong with the Sony lens. As I said I have rubbed the contacts on the camera and lens with a microfibre cloth. They really haven't had much wear and tear. Plus, if it was a dodgy contact, I would expect the lens to immediately fail rather than this pattern of three or four disconnections before complete disconnection. Seems odd.

I will contact Sony and see if I can get it in for repair. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't being an idiot. Thanks all.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back