Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
(y)

Did these get bonus processing, or nearly SooC?

(y)

Did these get bonus processing, or nearly SooC?
I rarely shoot anything in jpeg. I did some recently, but I shoot RAW out of habit. As to what was done with them though, mostly just standard stuff with probably a bit more sharpness and contrast. To me, evaluating a lens means passing muster with my normal workflow. If it looks ok when I'm done, then all is well.

Great fur detail, a bit wild with bokeh. No surprises, and it would pass my PGE test (plenty good enough) for a slower superzoom.
Thanks!

Last edited:
I got a Tamron 28-200 lens last May with the idea of using it as a walk around lens on our trip to Germany and Austria. It was okay but I ended up returning it and getting the then new Samyang 35-150 f/2-2.8 lens instead. Mainly I was interested in the faster aperture for shooting inside churches, museums, etc. It worked great but is a heavy beast. I took three lenses to Germany - the Sony Zeiss 16-35 f/4, the Samyang, and my Sony 100-400 GM. I would usually choose two to carry depending on what I was going to be shooting.

That said, I have been thinking of getting something with a wide range that is lighter. I just checked on MPB and they had a few Sony 24-240mm lenses in excellent condition for under $600 so I purchased one to try.

I got a Tamron 28-200 lens last May with the idea of using it as a walk around lens on our trip to Germany and Austria. It was okay but I ended up returning it and getting the then new Samyang 35-150 f/2-2.8 lens instead. Mainly I was interested in the faster aperture for shooting inside churches, museums, etc. It worked great but is a heavy beast. I took three lenses to Germany - the Sony Zeiss 16-35 f/4, the Samyang, and my Sony 100-400 GM. I would usually choose two to carry depending on what I was going to be shooting.

That said, I have been thinking of getting something with a wide range that is lighter. I just checked on MPB and they had a few Sony 24-240mm lenses in excellent condition for under $600 so I purchased one to try.
I love the focal range but I ended up selling it off and going with the 24-105. There is a wild rumor about Sony releasing a 24-200/2.8-4.5, possibly as early as this year. I am anxiously hoping that to be true!

Back