Tamron 150-500 F5-6.7 FE and 11-20 F2.8 APS-C Lenses Leaked

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Malvern
Reliable camera leaker Nokishita has leaked the details and images of two upcoming lenses from Tamron.

The first is the full-frame Tamron 150-500 F5-6.7 FE and the second is the 11-20 F2.8 APS-C lens.

Providing Tamron delivery the goods then the 150-500 F5-6.7 might be a more affordable alternative to Sony's FE 200-600.

Reactions: FowlersFreeTime

FowlersFreeTime

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Nov 19, 2020
Name
Chris Fowler
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
That's exciting news (for APSC owners)!
The Sony E 10-18mm for APSC is only an F4 and is kind of expensive at $900 USD. I bought it with the expectation of doing travel vlogging and then 2020 happened. I do regret that purchase, its my least used lens.

However, while the hype will revolve around Tamron's f2.8, it should be noted that the Sony is smaller than the Tamron (225g vs 335g respectively) and the Sony has OSS (the Tamron lacks the equivalent, which they call "VC").

Kevriano

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Crawley
That 150 500 is not an exciting lens in the slightest, even if it comes in under 1k, it's so far behind the 200 600 technically.

Paul stuart

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 29, 2020
That 150 500 is not an exciting lens in the slightest, even if it comes in under 1k, it's so far behind the 200 600 technically.
it is also lighter ,but not enough to make the option of carrying the 200-600mm much different ,so you buy a lens with 50mm gain on the wide end and a 100mm shorter on the long end ,with a narrower aperture at full f/l ,unless it is under a £1000 or extremely sharp i can not see the value in it either ,and tamron make good lenses and comparable with sigma and sony .Oh well fingers crossed for a tamron 200-400mm F4

Kevriano

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Crawley
it is also lighter ,but not enough to make the option of carrying the 200-600mm much different ,so you buy a lens with 50mm gain on the wide end and a 100mm shorter on the long end ,with a narrower aperture at full f/l ,unless it is under a £1000 or extremely sharp i can not see the value in it either ,and tamron make good lenses and comparable with sigma and sony .Oh well fingers crossed for a tamron 200-400mm F4
They should make a 500 5.6 like the Nikon PF. That would get some people excited.

Paul stuart

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 29, 2020
They should make a 500 5.6 like the Nikon PF. That would get some people excited.
Spot on kev a true gem lightweight sharp lens ,it would get me excited although i always think a zoom makes more sense for wildlife ,still the pf design is good and easy to hand hold for long durations which is easy to move quickly ,i would imagine it good for small birds in flight or insects in flight. also would play well with a t/c 750mm f8 .

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.