Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Tonights sunset over StMichael and all Angels, Blackheath London.
stmichael_sunset-2.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II + 2X Teleconverter
  • 140.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 1000

Tonights sunset over StMichael and all Angels, Blackheath London.
View attachment 54771
I was in my home office on a business TEAMS call when I noticed the spectucular sunset through the window. I was keen to get out and take some shots, I had St.Michael's in mind, but had to complete the meeting. As soon as the meeting ended I grabbed my camera - which had the 2.0xTC attached, and ran out to take the shot. The TC was not desireable for this shot, and subsequent shots taken that night, but unfortunately, I didn't have time to remove it. My GM 70-200 f2.8 II is my go to lens and so is always attached to my camera, but I had the 2.0xTC attached as I had been trying to take night sky photographs for the past couple of weeks. After taking a number of shots I quickly did some light touch post processing in LR. I edited the sky, church and foreground buildings separately. For the sky I slightly reduced the saturation, for the church I slightly increased the exposure and for the foreground buildings I slightly decreased the exposure. Globally, I applied denoise and slightly toned down the luminance of the orange tones.

I was in my home office on a business TEAMS call when I noticed the spectucular sunset through the window. I was keen to get out and take some shots, I had St.Michael's in mind, but had to complete the meeting. As soon as the meeting ended I grabbed my camera - which had the 2.0xTC attached, and ran out to take the shot. The TC was not desireable for this shot, and subsequent shots taken that night, but unfortunately, I didn't have time to remove it. My GM 70-200 f2.8 II is my go to lens and so is always attached to my camera, but I had the 2.0xTC attached as I had been trying to take night sky photographs for the past couple of weeks. After taking a number of shots I quickly did some light touch post processing in LR. I edited the sky, church and foreground buildings separately. For the sky I slightly reduced the saturation, for the church I slightly increased the exposure and for the foreground buildings I slightly decreased the exposure. Globally, I applied denoise and slightly toned down the luminance of the orange tones.
I'm just getting to grips with the 70-200 mainly for wildlife but would be interested to know how you get on with it with night shots ,do you mean astro or landscapes .

I'm just getting to grips with the 70-200 mainly for wildlife but would be interested to know how you get on with it with night shots ,do you mean astro or landscapes .
I do both, and it’s fantastic for both. The TC was for the Astro. But I think the A7iv does a great job in low light. So the combination of lens and camera is awesome.

I do both, and it’s fantastic for both. The TC was for the Astro. But I think the A7iv does a great job in low light. So the combination of lens and camera is awesome.
Thanks I'll give it a try ,just need some clear skies now .

Back