Thinking about Sony

GaryS

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Gary Stamp
Hi all, I have been a Canon shooter since about 2006 but I am considering the A7Riii and the 200-600 OSS G lens, I shoot mainly wildlife and will be following the various posts relating to wildlife, A7Riii and the 200-600 lens. I live in south east Kent, UK.

Again a very popular combo. I've not got the 200-600 and am not much of a wildlife photog probably because I'm easily bored and maybe too noisy!

Since chatting with a friend, I think the A9 might be the way to go but I will have to use my canon lenses for now as i am spending more on the Sony body.

Hi all, I have been a Canon shooter since about 2006 but I am considering the A7Riii and the 200-600 OSS G lens, I shoot mainly wildlife and will be following the various posts relating to wildlife, A7Riii and the 200-600 lens. I live in south east Kent, UK.
The a7R III and the 200-600 are a great combo Gary. I don't think you'll be too disappointed with this setup.

Update, I am now thinking A9 after watching countless Youtube videos, yours was one of them - after seeing your hit rate of 100%. But due to the extra pennies I might have to get the MC-11 and use my Canon 100-400 MkII for now but purchase the 200-600 at a later date.

Update, I am now thinking A9 after watching countless Youtube videos, yours was one of them - after seeing your hit rate of 100%. But due to the extra pennies I might have to get the MC-11 and use my Canon 100-400 MkII for now but purchase the 200-600 at a later date.
The a9 is hard to beat when it comes to fast action and the number of keepers that it delivers. The Mk1 is coming down in price slowly and you can pick them up used from around £2k from MPB. If the rumored a9III comes out early next year this might push the prices down further.

I often buy from MPB, I was looking at a grey import, so I will weigh up the pros and cons.

Back