Name
Roland Ruesch
Country
United States
City/State
San Rafael, CA
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
After the announcement of the A9iii, it is obvious to me that the new A9 is only geared towards sports photographers. I know global shutter and 120 pps are impressive but I never thought while taking a picture of a sleeping lion, I wish my A9ii had those features.
I hope, Sony does not forget us wildlifer and maybe split the A9 in different models like the A7.
what we need is better traking for birds in flight, faster focusing for animals in bushes, bird eye focusing, (you add to the list)
i hope, I am not alone and Sony will do something with our wishes.

After the announcement of the A9iii, it is obvious to me that the new A9 is only geared towards sports photographers. I know global shutter and 120 pps are impressive but I never thought while taking a picture of a sleeping lion, I wish my A9ii had those features.
I hope, Sony does not forget us wildlifer and maybe split the A9 in different models like the A7.
what we need is better traking for birds in flight, faster focusing for animals in bushes, bird eye focusing, (you add to the list)
i hope, I am not alone and Sony will do something with our wishes.
A1m2. Probably a year out.

Fully agree that the A9iii is not really a wildlife photographer's camera, but aimed mainly at sport photographers. I am currently very happy with my A1, to the point where I just traded my second camera, an A9ii, for a second A1 (at a 35% early Black Friday discount). When the A1M2 eventually comes out, it would have to be a significant improvement on the current A1 if they even want to tempt me (probably won't have the budget for it anyway since I blew the whole budget for the next few years on the 600mm f4 lens).

Back