Sony A7R IV What L Bracket's do you have attached to your A7R IV ?

Sdhiker

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Country
United States
City/State
San Diego, California
Just wondering what L Brackets everyone is using with there A7R IV ? I have usually bought cheaper ones off of Amazon but I have also had some bad experiences with opening the side doors for accessing the micro usb for intervalometer use, or other brackets that did not quite line up with the battery compartment.

I'm thinking about just getting the Really Right Stuff L Bracket
but that is pretty expensive for an L Bracket. I have researched what's out there and the only other L Brackets that I like are:

This one seen on Ebay

This one you used to be able to find on Amazon but is only available on Ebay as well

This one from SmallRig also looks promising.

I tend to like having the L Plate cover the entire bottom of the camera, it feels like it creates a little more depth for hand holding the camera compared to the L Plates that only seem to cover half of the bottom of the camera, but if anyone has experience with using both I would be curious to hear it.

I have the 3 Legged Thing (short) and it works great. Plenty of clearance for battery but some of the side doors are blocked. I'm really happy with how solid it is and how well it works on the Peak Design tripod.

I have the small rig bracket for my A7RIV. I like it, it is thicker on the base so it fits my hand better. The "L" part slides away from the body for easier access to the ports on the side. Even has a magnetic holder for the key.

Like Pat I’m also using the Smallrig L-bracket. I’ll often remove the l-part and just use it as a grip extension. It’s very comfortable and doesn’t rotate on the camera body like my R3 l-bracket did.

Thanks for all your replies. My patience got the better of me and I decided to bite the bullet and buy the RRS L Plate not to long after I wrote this. It is a lot of money to spend on an L Plate. I got the L Plate the other day and so far so good, just like Timothy mentioned about his the camera the L Plate seems to be more formed so that the camera sits into the plate and it holds it in place better then previous versions of L Plates I've had. The doors open well and my cable release fits in nicely without having to extend the plate. I have not had a chance to test it out in field yet but If this works well I may need to look at replacing my cheap plate on my A7R3, that one always seems to shift and I need to tighten it down constantly.

Back