What Photography related item have you bought or sold this week?

Bought an Urth m42 to e-mount adapter and a Zeiss 50mm f/1.8 Pancolar lens. Also have a long weekend so plenty of time to try!

I took delivery of some new glass yesterday, a 24-70 mm f2.8 GM2. I’m off to Yorkshire for the long weekend and hope to try out.View attachment 58077
I bought one of these with my A7R5 before Christmas. After getting to use it quite a lot last week it's a very nice lens.

You didn't get rid of it did you?

Horses for courses.
No I didn’t, but I feel as though I’m being unfaithful if I enjoy the company on another lens!

I bought the SmallRig baseplate for my A6700. I use them on most of my cameras as a lightweight grip extension and a little extra protection for the bottom of the camera. It's arca-swiss compatible as well which is handy at times. There's a hinged door that allows the battery to be removed without taking the plate off. It fits well and there's no movement.

View attachment 57249
I bought the same base plate you did and I have to say it feels pretty good. The little finger now has a better place to rest, and moving the PD anchor from the top to the bottom position [of the battery-side] of the camera makes for a more ergonomic experience when using the Slide lite strap.

Did not buy or sell anything but did spend money on replacing the motherboard in my A1. Even though spending the dollars on repairs is never fun, I appreciate the service from Sony Pro Service so much. Dropped my bodies off on Thursday to have the sensors cleaned, the A1 checked out and updated to the latest firmware, discovered an issue, approved the repair. They were ready to be shipped or picked up today, since I am close by I prefer to just pick them up.

I just realized i misspoke, I did sell off a few cameras that were just sitting around collecting dust, a Sony RX100IV, SonyRX100VI, Leica D-Lux and a Contax TVS II

An unglamourous purchase: just a cap for the 20-70 lens, as I lost it in the last day of my trip to Japan (it fell to a canal as I was distracted shooting flowers). Been fighting anxiety since then over the unprotected lens haha.

I have ordered but not yet received a Viltrox 16mm f1.8 lens. Hoping for some clear skies to be able to use it, once it arrives.
I'd be interested to see how that goes.

I have bought a couple of things that will arrive this week. I bought a Sony HVLF20M flash and a Ulanzi centre column & mini fluid video head for my travel tripod (Ulanzi had some big discounts here on theirr Easter sale + free shipping). Also just paid the shipping on the crowd funded Maven Filters 2nd wave.

These arrived today (not the filters). They are very nice! I'm very happy with them.

I have bought a couple of things that will arrive this week. I bought a Sony HVLF20M flash and a Ulanzi centre column & mini fluid video head for my travel tripod (Ulanzi had some big discounts here on theirr Easter sale + free shipping). Also just paid the shipping on the crowd funded Maven Filters 2nd wave.
I think that tripod ecosystem is very nice. I'm not even salty that they copied Peak Design, because they made it better whereas PD has stopped innovating. I might sell my PD stuff to get that tripod combo you did.

I think that tripod ecosystem is very nice.
It is very nice. Has some nice features. There are a couple of other competing brands too but I liked this one. The mini video head is exceptionally nice. I can see myself using it a lot for still photography as well as video. Probably the main problem with Peak design is their high prices I think.

Didn't buy any new gear this week but have updated my Topaz Gigapixel, since I had an older version. Every now and then Gigapixel comes in very handy so I decided it would be worthwhile getting the new version.

I purchased Gigapixel AI a few months ago when they had a sale & they emailed me recently to ask if I was interested in joining their beta program.

My Mavic 2 Pro has been sitting since they released the Mavic 3. I had been saving my pennies for the top level Mavic 3 but when that turned out to have a $5000 price tag attached to it, mentally, I moved on. The "Pennies" I was saving covered the price of my A7M4.
My Mavic 2 Pro has been sitting since they released the Mavic 3. I had been saving my pennies for the top level Mavic 3 but when that turned out to have a $5000 price tag attached to it, mentally, I moved on. The "Pennies" I was saving covered the price of my A7M4.

Kase Wolverine KW Revolution Magnetic Filter kit that I can use on my 67, 72 and 77mm opening lenses. Logan Model 550-1 Simplex Classic Mat Cutter.

This was actually something I ordered a while back but since it has been great help for me on my outings I'll mention it. The "Copper Fit Adjustable Rapid Relief Back Brace", though I suppose any other brand would work, has been awesome for my outings.

These threads are usually pretty popular, figured maybe we can generate some activity. Post any purchases or sales/trades of photo gear. This could be anything from a filter to a new computer purchased for editing. Software, accessories, and of course bodies and lenses!

I'll start! My only recent purchase was a neoprene cover, kind of like an ever-ready case for the A7 IV with the Tamron 17-28 mounted. I found out I used that setup exclusively at Autorama, I could've left the 35/1.4 and bag home. The cover will be nice for walking in crowds, setting it down at events, etc.

As for selling, I sold a handful of A-Mount stuff I had no plans for. Two Tamrons, a 17-50/2.8 and a 200-500, and two Sony A bodies, an SLT-A65 and an A700. I kind of liked the A700, but I realized it had sat for well over a year without coming out of the case.

What about you?
I just bought the 200-600mm lens.

Bought an A6700 as may be obvious to anyone reading my previous post.
I'm seeing if it's a good replacement for my A6400 (which I like but is a bit prone to overheating when shooting burst).
It should also be more suited to the macro work I do as the screen will articulate for both vertical and horizontal shots close to the ground.
Still playing with the camera to sort out the differences in performance and menu items from what I'm used to.

Bought an A6700 as may be obvious to anyone reading my previous post.
I'm seeing if it's a good replacement for my A6400 (which I like but is a bit prone to overheating when shooting burst).
It should also be more suited to the macro work I do as the screen will articulate for both vertical and horizontal shots close to the ground.
Still playing with the camera to sort out the differences in performance and menu items from what I'm used to.
It's a great camera, but now that I'm doing more manual focus, I really wish they had improved the resolution of the screen.

Well, I'm back.
No, I'm not sam gamgee :geek:

The budget gave out on my E adventure last year, so this time I have an a99. It seems to be in great shape and its bulk isn't too oppressive.

My A-mount trio (24-105D, 70-210rs, 100-300Apo) has two new friends: a metaljacket 50/2.8 macro and a DT 50-200.

Sorry what? A DT lens?
This little tele reviews really well and weighs much less than the 100-300 Apo, so when small is beautiful I can carry it with the 24-105 as an emergency telephoto and deal with its Mpixel penalty. Its quiet AF can also be a bonus at times. Most of the time the Apo will be the tele of choice.

Oops, time to review my signature line. Again. 🤒

Just collected a Sony speed light (just the 46) to experiment with high speed flash on the A9 III. Nice to see it came with firmware 2.0 - pretty sure that’s what I need.

The grip for the a9 III is currently predicted to arrive 16 April 2024. Maybe I need to borrow a Tardis to go back and pick it up?

I sold my Sony A7R iv and got the A7R v. I had to check out Tim's video how to set up the Sony remote control since I knew there was one step the manual does not mention (Bluetooth Rmt Cntrl to on).
I had the same problem with my A9ii and found the solution with Tim's video. This video back then made me aware of this forum I became so fond of.
Thanks again Tim.

Ordered a Move Shoot Move/Alyn Wallace V mount, for enhanced flexibility in positioning the camera on my star tracker. Now I just need to get my skills up to par with compositing tracked skies with untracked foregrounds. Plenty of tips for Adobe editing, not much for On1 or other editors.

Ordered a Move Shoot Move/Alyn Wallace V mount, for enhanced flexibility in positioning the camera on my star tracker. Now I just need to get my skills up to par with compositing tracked skies with untracked foregrounds. Plenty of tips for Adobe editing, not much for On1 or other editors.
You've been watching Richard Tatti again...

I’m nowhere near the stage of getting a tracker yet. At one stage I was seriously thinking of getting a ZWO Seestar.

Back