Name
Roy Priest
Country
Canada
City/State
White Rock, B.C.
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Since the snow geese arrived I've taken over 10,000 pictures. The A1 with the 600F4 is an amazing combo. In looking through the photos I was wondering what are your favourite wing positions. Straight up, straight down, flying sideways, head on, wings flat etc. I think the main trend is to go with the sideways wings up or down poses. What do you think?

I think some samples would be good.

I tend to prefer wings parallel to the ground, but I'll take them when I can. I'm seldom in burst mode so my choices are self-limited.

IMGP4869e.jpg

It depends upon the light conditions....strong sunlight will favour wings raised positions to avoid deep shadows
on the body which generally cannot be recovered in post processing.

In overcast and or golden hour conditions all wing positions are OK and very much in the eyes of the beholder.......
colouration and detail of the birds upper wing and underwing areas will however influence the preferred wing positions.....

Up to show the underwing, down to show the top feathers, I like both and I always keep both.

I think you should just post whatever shot that you have taken that you can look at yourself which brings a smile to your face.
This shot is the one that you are the most happy with and I would think we all would like it as well.

I am new to birds in flight, but I think any shot wings up or down are good and don't think a have seen you take a bad shot anyway

Back