Your Photo of the Week

I think this a 1st for me but I could be wrong.
This shot of a Superb Fairy-wren for me has got what I have been after in a shot of one of them.
I think it is my best ever shot of one of these little things.View attachment 26661
Superb shot Ralph, maybe your very best yet.

Week 41. I've not been much out this week, extra work to cover holidays, but the wife and I went to a fire festival tonight. This was by far the best thing there. It was animated and moved in time with music.
DSC03532 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS
  • 90.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 10000

Week 41. I've not been much out this week, extra work to cover holidays, but the wife and I went to a fire festival tonight. This was by far the best thing there. It was animated and moved in time with music.

Something very different! Interesting! 🤓

We have another sparrowhawk visiting the garden now after our last one was sadly injured somehow and unlikely to have survived. We've spotted an adult male too but so far I haven't got a good picture of him.

View attachment 26476
Wow that’s a beauty Tim..

Study in B&W.jpeg
  • DSC-RX10M4
  • 39.4 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 4000

I think this a 1st for me but I could be wrong.
This shot of a Superb Fairy-wren for me has got what I have been after in a shot of one of them.
I think it is my best ever shot of one of these little things.
Superb shot Ralph! Gorgeous little bird sitting on a nice perch with a clean background. It really makes him pop!

Superb shot Ralph! Gorgeous little bird sitting on a nice perch with a clean background. It really makes him pop!
Thank you for that Timothy.

Like this and it is what I don't see living inland.

Week 43
La Gomera's gold
charco-12.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 14mm F1.8 GM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 100

I'm always enjoying your creative landscape images Luis. I sold that Sony 14mm lens a while ago actually, it gives some special looking shots. 😊

I'm always enjoying your creative landscape images Luis. I sold that Sony 14mm lens a while ago actually, it gives some special looking shots. 😊
Hi Clint, thanks a lot for your kind comments.... well I actually owned the 16-35GM and a few months ago decided to change all my gear to primes. I went for this 14GM mostly for my work, doing real estate and hotel photography, you sometimes need it in a narrow space such a bathroom... in the other hand, at landscape, which is my hobby, I don't really can't justify this expense, cause the 20G is 99% of the time wide enough for my style, which rather go to narrower field of view, such a 35mm or even a 50mm, but you see, this time I just wanted to catch all the clouds and the 14GM came so nice... so... I don't think I'm using it so often... we will see ;)

I went from mainly zooms, to mainly primes, then back to using mainly zooms. I love my 16-35GM, a brilliant no fuss reliable beast.

Week 42. I haven't been out at all this week, annoyingly, too much knee pain, so a shot from in the garage where this garden cross spider decided to wander in. They are not an indoor species at all, and he has now seen the error of his ways :D
DSC03586 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS
  • 90.0 mm
  • ƒ/14
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 100

Cracking pic Tim.
Cheers kev. I really need to find some more time to spend with them, I have no excuse since they are just up the road from me and there are normally a couple around. I spotted this one when driving past, so pulled over right in front of it and luckily it didn't fly off!

Week 42. I haven't been out at all this week, annoyingly, too much knee pain, so a shot from in the garage where this garden cross spider decided to wander in. They are not an indoor species at all, and he has now seen the error of his ways :D
Lots of spiders trying to sneak into ours right now too! If they are lucky we'll put them back out again, if not and the dog spots them he won't hesitate to eat them! Sorry to hear about your knee pain, hope you can get them sorted. I've had plenty of issues with my knees too but thankfully they are behaving themselves right now.

Lots of spiders trying to sneak into ours right now too! If they are lucky we'll put them back out again, if not and the dog spots them he won't hesitate to eat them! Sorry to hear about your knee pain, hope you can get them sorted. I've had plenty of issues with my knees too but thankfully they are behaving themselves right now.
Ta. The cats destroy most spiders, but my garage is a False Widow breeding ground, bloody things. The knees, well, not much hope, buggered until I can get replacements.

Cheers Gary! With decent lighting it's almost idiot proof that lens. Great value!

A Barn Owl with his catch at St Benets Abbey this afternoon. I wasn't expecting to see one, let alone the three we did see (definitely 3 different, they were all hunting at once!) Heavy crop as they didn't get close (well not until it was too dark for photos :D)
DSC03761 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 4000

Back