Followers
Following
Name
Simon Temlett
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
North Yorkshire
Popped back up to RSPB Bempton again today as the puffins are starting to come off the sea to nest. Weather is looking good for tomorrow and they serve really good cake there as well..😋🍰 👍🏻

Puffin.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4A
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 1250
Puffin2.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4A
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 1000
Puffin3.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4A
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 1250

Very nice. Nice and early too.

Lovely shots Simon. I’ve been to Bempton a few times, just wish it wasn’t such a long drive from Shropshire! There was a good wind last time I was there and the gannets were hovering above the cliffs attempting to land, they put on a great show.

Lovely shots Simon. I’ve been to Bempton a few times, just wish it wasn’t such a long drive from Shropshire! There was a good wind last time I was there and the gannets were hovering above the cliffs attempting to land, they put on a great show.
I'm so lucky that I live so close, I've been up half a dozen times in the last few weeks. It's definitely better if the wind is up and coming onshore to the cliffs. The updrafts mean the gannets cruise past at around eye level about 10 - 20 feet away.

Great set , bet you have been back for a few shots of Albert Ross !!!

Counting the days until the weekend. I know where on the cliffs he was sat yesterday and so I'm going stalking tomorrow.... 😀

Counting the days until the weekend. I know where on the cliffs he was sat yesterday and so I'm going stalking tomorrow.... 😀
I was lucky enough to fill my boots last year when it was there but have a trip back to Bempton planned for June so hopefully it will stick around until then and I can have another go .Good luck

I was lucky enough to fill my boots last year when it was there but have a trip back to Bempton planned for June so hopefully it will stick around until then and I can have another go .Good luck

Well I got to see it but it wasn't being particularly photogenic 🙄. Fortunately I can spend some more time tomorrow and maybe it'll actually get off its backside 😀

BlackBrowedAlbatross.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4A
  • 582.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 800

Back