Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I noticed this chilli plant opposite me during dinner in the hotel resturant. Luckily I had my camera with me, I just had to ask the wife to move out of the way! I had to do a lot of post processing to clean up the mucky window, but I love the way the colours came out.
newforest_pig_chillies-3.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

Certainly colorful; did you ask them if they ever use the peppers or if its only ornamental?

Beautiful shot, Ed. Nice colours and nice bokeh too.

Beautiful shot, Ed. Nice colours and nice bokeh too.
Thanks Alex. The grime on the window is a bit distracting. I did my best in PS to get rid of a lot of crap, but my skills are not up to the task.

Thanks Alex. The grime on the window is a bit distracting. I did my best in PS to get rid of a lot of crap, but my skills are not up to the task.

Nah, I think it just adds to the rustic, dusty, warm flare of the picture.

Hey @evacguy Ed, I remembered this thread when I was in Jamaica and I took a photo of a little local chili:

DSC04914.jpg
  • Sony E 30mm f/3.5 Macro
  • 30.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.0999999046326
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 125

We call this a "bird pepper" because people rarely plant them; they're usually propagated through wild birds and the seeds in their poop haha. Closest relative I can find online is Cayenne pepper. The peppers are as small as your pinky fingertip, but HOT like fire!

Back