Followers
Following
Name
Michael M
Country
United States
City/State
Connecticut
I haven't really posted a lot on AlphaShooters since I joined. I have been a hobbyist since the mid-2000's when I started shooting Nikon. I switched and fell in love with Sony in 2013-ish when I bought a NEX-7. I eventually sold all of my Nikon gear because I'm just not good with multiple ecosystems at the same time. When the pandemic started, I was on the front lines working in the ICU. The next few years, with a couple of bad bouts of infection of my own, I struggled with depression and didn't want to even look at my gear.

We recently took a trip to France and I have to say that I re-learned my A7RIII (using Dave Busch's guide) and got some great shots. Came back with 1200 photos and never before had I shot so well in low-light /high ISO with this camera. Something just clicked (no pun intended). If you're a newbie to photography, my advice is to get out and get shooting!

I can't thank y'all enough. Your photos and chatter have really meant a lot to me, even if I wasn't an active participant. I have even started looking for a telephoto to round out my glass collection, but don't tell my wife 😆

France 2024-99.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM3
  • E 28-75mm F2.8-2.8
  • 28.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 2500

Welcome back to the fold. Nice shot

Welcome back. Beautiful shot.

The A7R III is a treasure. Still the best 42MP sensor ever made, and quite possibly one of the best still on the market. Not only that but it's an overlooked low-light beast, rivaling the A7 IV, which is quite a trick for a 42MP sensor.

I haven't really posted a lot on AlphaShooters since I joined. I have been a hobbyist since the mid-2000's when I started shooting Nikon. I switched and fell in love with Sony in 2013-ish when I bought a NEX-7. I eventually sold all of my Nikon gear because I'm just not good with multiple ecosystems at the same time. When the pandemic started, I was on the front lines working in the ICU. The next few years, with a couple of bad bouts of infection of my own, I struggled with depression and didn't want to even look at my gear.

We recently took a trip to France and I have to say that I re-learned my A7RIII (using Dave Busch's guide) and got some great shots. Came back with 1200 photos and never before had I shot so well in low-light /high ISO with this camera. Something just clicked (no pun intended). If you're a newbie to photography, my advice is to get out and get shooting!

I can't thank y'all enough. Your photos and chatter have really meant a lot to me, even if I wasn't an active participant. I have even started looking for a telephoto to round out my glass collection, but don't tell my wife 😆

View attachment 58186
I find photography is such wonderful therapy, thanks for sharing and I look forward to viewing your photography.

If you're a newbie to photography, my advice is to get out and get shooting!
That's good advice for all of us, not just newbies. It's something I'll hopefully be doing in the coming weeks...

Welcome back.

Lovely pic. Super light on the arch carving :)

Welcome back, and thanks for sharing!

Back