A themed thread for your older shots. Post your pre- Sony photos here.

Cheers Tim and Gary. They are superb little creatures.

Made at the Greenfield Village Old car Festival, 2021. The old couple was dressed for the occasion. I had to do a lot of editing to get rid of strollers, coolers, etc., not to mention the cellphone that was in the man's hands.

In The Good Old Summertime by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

Very cool Tim. I bet that made people think "what the hell is she looking at!"

Very cool Tim. I bet that made people think "what the hell is she looking at!"
I thought about putting something back in, then thought the heck with it.

A bump for this thread and one of my first shots taken on my old Pentax K30/Sigma 120 400. Pure chance, this fox appeared in front of me when I was sitting in a hide. It's a Greylag Goose egg.
It doesn't have the exif, but ISO 400, 1/125th, f6.3. This was when I never used to shoot fast enough shutter speeds because I didn't want high ISO. Times and tech have changed.

IMGP0585 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX K-3
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 400

A bump for this thread and one of my first shots taken on my old Pentax K30/Sigma 120 400. Pure chance, this fox appeared in front of me when I was sitting in a hide. It's a Greylag Goose egg.
It doesn't have the exif, but ISO 400, 1/125th, f6.3. This was when I never used to shoot fast enough shutter speeds because I didn't want high ISO. Times and tech have changed.

View attachment 51406
Pentax what ever happened to those guys? Pentax is one of my first film cameras, oh they were probably were not the good old days I guess, We are so spoiled with all the kit we have now, quite sure some cameras will soon pop a bubble up on screen and say oh look a chute fox on the rob ;)

Pentax what ever happened to those guys? Pentax is one of my first film cameras, oh they were probably were not the good old days I guess, We are so spoiled with all the kit we have now, quite sure some cameras will soon pop a bubble up on screen and say oh look a chute fox on the rob ;)
Pentax still make great cameras, the K1 and K3 series are great, but they do lack the AF speeds and frame rates of others. Their biggest issue is lack of a long wildlife lens. The 150 450 is a great lens, really sharp, but the only long lens they have is a 560 f5.6. It's great but ugly and very long. They should have carried on making the long primes and 200 600.

Pentax has never developed a mirrorless camera, and they've pretty much said they aren't going to. Their newish monochrome is a beast though. I still have a handful of K mount lenses, have often thought about picking up one of their newer bodies since they're still K-mount just to play around, but it would a novelty that ended up in the closet.

Yep. I think it's a sensible move in some respects, as they can't compete with the big 3, so stay niche. The K3 is widely regarded as having the best IQ of the ASPC DSLRs, and it is a great camera.
Their lenses are silly expensive too, and they never allowed Sigma to develop the big zooms for K Mount.
I would have stayed with them if they had.

Here are a few photos I took this year with my current Panasonic FZ1000. I did upload images, but as new account looks like I cannot post images yet, sadly

Last edited:
Here are a few photos I took this year with my current Panasonic FZ1000. I did upload images, but as new account looks like I cannot post images yet, sadly
Well, then best get busy and participate in some discussions!

Made at the Greenfield Village Old car Festival, 2021. The old couple was dressed for the occasion. I had to do a lot of editing to get rid of strollers, coolers, etc., not to mention the cellphone that was in the man's hands.

In The Good Old Summertime by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr
The more I look at this shot the more I like it

The more I look at this shot the more I like it
Thanks. It was fun to do, but took a while with the extensive editing. If I can remember one day I'll post the original image. This is a huge festival with hundreds and hundreds of cars at an outdoor historical museum, (look up Greenfield Village) nothing newer than 1935, I think. Maybe 1938? Anyway, there are a lot of people and it's a weekend long activity, so plenty of paraphernalia laying around.

A Few from the last Philippines trip. I often wonder what there mothers said when they realised the fridge doors were missing :unsure:

IMG_3519Fishermans Cove PhilippinesPhil Mono 1.jpg
  • Canon PowerShot G15
  • 6.1 - 30.5 mm
  • 30.5 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 100
IMG_0815Phil Mono 11.jpg
  • Canon PowerShot G15
  • 30.5 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 125
IMG_0810Phil Mono 10.jpg
  • Canon PowerShot G15
  • 30.5 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 125

What are they looking for in the water? Clams/Oysters/Mussels?

IMG_3793Phil Mono 7.jpg
  • Canon PowerShot G15
  • 6.1 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 100
Mantis Shrimp Philippines 2016Phil Mono 8.jpg
  • Canon PowerShot G15
  • 6.1-30.5 mm
  • 21.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 100
Moalboal 2 Philippines 2015Phil Mono 2.jpg
  • Canon PowerShot G15
  • 6.1-30.5 mm
  • 8.9 mm
  • ƒ/2.5
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 125
Moray Moalboal 2015Phil Mono 4.jpg
  • Canon PowerShot G15
  • 6.1-30.5 mm
  • 30.5 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 125
Skunk Clown Moalboal 2015Phil Mono 6.jpg
  • Canon PowerShot G15
  • 6.1-30.5 mm
  • 16.4 mm
  • ƒ/2.5
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 125
Trumpet Fish Moalboal 2015Phil Mono 3.jpg
  • Canon PowerShot G15
  • 6.1-30.5 mm
  • 6.1 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 125
Looking for some underwater stuff shot with my Canon G15 Compact. Usually find underwater stuff shot in colour. thought I'd convert them and see what they looked like. maybe it adds a little more Drama.

If anyone ever told me that underwater photography presented well in B&W, I'd think they were nuts. These prove me wrong, very impressed.

If anyone ever told me that underwater photography presented well in B&W, I'd think they were nuts. These prove me wrong, very impressed.
Cheers Tim

One of my favorite images taken with the Fujifilm X-S10. Shot, as found, in a store display. I love B&W!

Cheap lens was used: XC 16-50, f/8, 1/160, ISO 1600

DSCF4647.jpg

Can anyone else see aliens in the patterns?
Maybe, way over to the right, the darker areas look like 'grey' alien shapes. Is that what you mean?

Underwood No. 5, as found, in an antique store. Fujifilm X-S10 35mm f/8 1/10 sec ISO 1250

D10-DSCF4449.jpg

Back