A1 users memory cards what do you guys use, advise please, have read the info from Tim Mayo

spudhead

Legendary Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Gary
Country
United Kingdom
As title what memory cards do you guys use please, yes I have read the guide on here, and looking for every day user input , sort of decided the a1 mk1 makes sense given the a9iii is not what I need or was hoping for thanks all welcome thanks

Pergear 520gb AF-A x2. They work a treat.

Currently mostly using Sony Tough 160GB CFeA in the A1 - I bought a few before the A1 arrived (impatience!) - they are very good, and the price is slowly coming down. I have a Lexar Gold 160GB CFeA (much cheaper, but feel less tough), and I'm pondering getting a 320GB Lexar Gold.

I look at the other brands, and I'm not sure. Tempted by the AngelBird 1TB, but they aren't cheap, and they don't make a smaller size to try them out.

When I fill my CFeA cards, I do sometimes use Sony Tough G SD - I have a few that I bought to use on the A7RIV (they are mostly used in the A6700 now). These are not quite as fast to clear the buffer, but they are a lot better than missing a shot by not having a card in the camera :)

If you don't shoot a heap of bursts, you can use SDs - the A1 shoots at the same speed until it starts to clear the buffer.

Have been using Sony 160GB CFeA
Recently purchased Delkin 160GB CFeA, quite a bit less expensive than Sony and seems to work fine, but haven't had a chance yet to put it to really heavy use.

As title what memory cards do you guys use please, yes I have read the guide on here, and looking for every day user input , sort of decided the a1 mk1 makes sense given the a9iii is not what I need or was hoping for thanks all welcome thanks
Sony cf express type a. Faster and reliable. Had same in lexar but lexar failed.

Sony CF-A Tough 160gb 2x and ProGrade CF-A 160GB 4x

6 x Sony 160gb 2 x Lexar gold 320gb and just ordered 1 x 320gb lexar silver as per andrewluke post above £118 all in..... In use I haven't noticed any difference between the Sony or lexar gold, with possibly the lexar gold transferring to Mac slightly faster than the Sony.... Been luck enough to have some local short eared owls showing well and been taking 1000s of photos to lexar cards with no issue

Back