A6400 video recording

HansD

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
H Dijksterhuis
How can I maximize the focus area, I would like the whole image to be sharp, no blur on the sides. Is this possible?

Welcome to the forum!
Do you have a sample video you can link, such as a youtube video?
When I made some videos for youtube a few years ago, I used "Wide" as my focus mode and since I was the subject I often shot at an aperture of f2.8. Auto Focus kept me sharp but blurred my background as you described. This is because I chose a wide aperture for a shallow depth of field. Try recording with a narrower aperture (f4->f8) and more of the scene will be sharper.

Goodmorning, thx for your reaction. A narrower aperture I understand but I also have to keep the shuttertime to 1/50. How can I set both aperture and shuttertime at the same time?

Goodmorning, thx for your reaction. A narrower aperture I understand but I also have to keep the shuttertime to 1/50. How can I set both aperture and shuttertime at the same time?
You should be shooting in M, manual mode.
You can then use the thumb wheel on top right of camera to control aperture and use the control wheel to the right of the screen to control shutter speed.

Back