Sony A7 III A7iii Newbie set up question

Cuppa

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Cuppa
Hi, Looking at my brand spankers A7iii for the first time this morning.

Something I have been used to with my A6500 is the ability to quickly select RAW/JPG on the 'Function' screen. I find it useful to quickly change between RAW & JPG only because I often shoot in RAW, but sometimes need to quickly select JPG in order to be able to use the camera's zoom function when just trying to get a bird ID shot.

Is there a way to be able to do something similar on the A7iii without having to go via the main menu. I imagine I could assign this function to one of 'custom' buttons, but wonder if it might be possible to add it to the function screen to maintain familiarity & avoid 'wasting' a custom button.

Apologies if this is an overly basic question, just trying to initially set the camera up to be as familiar as possible at this stage.

EDIT: Aha! Predictable that if I posted the question the answer would become apparent as soon as I had done so. Have just found the 'Function Menu Set' in Camera settings 2. I'll give myself a slap on the wrist for my impatience!

Last edited:
Bob here again Cuppa. (Getting my post count up to get out of Newbie jail :) )

I've put a limited number of menu options that I want to refer to frequently on my personal screen on the A7iii. (It's the one of the far right side of the menu). That way I'm never more than one button away from anything that use frequently and I don't have to remember what's on C1, etc. You put just about anything from the menus on the screen. fyi............ R

Back