Followers
Following
Name
Tracy
Country
Canada
City/State
Calgary
Hi all! I shoot with an a6400, and my son just purchased an a7riii, with the intention of sharing lenses, and we will likely share camera bodies for different purposes as well. I took both out, to shoot identical shots, to do a comparison of the raw files using the same lenses. I wanted to specifically look at low-light performance, and also to see what the apsc mode on the riii would look like with the lower resolution. (sounded like a good idea, anyhow). But I get a message on my macbook air that says Preview cannot view the raw files. My son can view them on his much older MacBook. Can anyone shed some light? Am I doing something wrong?

Hi all! I shoot with an a6400, and my son just purchased an a7riii, with the intention of sharing lenses, and we will likely share camera bodies for different purposes as well. I took both out, to shoot identical shots, to do a comparison of the raw files using the same lenses. I wanted to specifically look at low-light performance, and also to see what the apsc mode on the riii would look like with the lower resolution. (sounded like a good idea, anyhow). But I get a message on my macbook air that says Preview cannot view the raw files. My son can view them on his much older MacBook. Can anyone shed some light? Am I doing something wrong?
Go into about this Mac and System report scroll to Software and click on Raw Support and see if the camera you're getting the Raw files from is supported, but I'm pretty sure that both of those should be. Raw support is the OS version not so much the hardware.

I'm hoping that MacOS 12.3 will support the a7IV.

Back